DenaliEd's....Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Shit I didnt realize those retractors have gotten so cheap. You can get a brand new one for around $60. They used to be a couple hundred. I may hang on to it for that price.

OP
OP
DenaliEd

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the driver's one in Ebony was like $130? That was on gmpartsoutlet.com. Did you find it cheaper somewhere else?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good man. Always love the Denalis.

OP
OP
DenaliEd

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good man. Always love the Denalis.

Thanks!!

Undertook a couple projects this afternoon:

1J4kunL.jpg
Ti6pe1n.jpg

Replaced the peeling steering wheel trim, and the shifter. I didn't replace the shifter because of the stitching, but because the Tow/Haul button rattled over rough roads and drove me NUTS! I don't know how it got that way, but it was worth replacing. Hoping someone wants it for a project lol.

I also did a small upgrade:
61DNVtL.jpg
8XYVLRP.jpg
ymCtujZ.jpg

Got the badge overlays from DeVries Signs on Etsy. $16 for the front, and $13 for a rear badge overlay, which will go on later, with some other changes I'll be making. I think it looks pretty great. I have some small B&W American flags on the rear side windows and this matches them pretty well, and goes along with the monochromatic theme of the truck.

That's all for now, but there'll be more updates soon I hope, lol.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the overlays on your gmc emblem! That's awesome! I kinda want do that to my gmc logo haha. Love the shifter replacement! I didn't notice until a few months ago when someone pointed out the different in shift handles with the stitches. Crazy. I just picked up an nobs esky shift handle and didn't think to look where stitching was before I paid for it. Lol. Lucked out and it's rear stitching haha. I wonder if there's rhyme or reason to the stitching, like what years they came in what setup, or of it was an esky vs Denali thing.

OP
OP
DenaliEd

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there's rhyme or reason to the stitching, like what years they came in what setup, or of it was an esky vs Denali thing.
Apparently it changed after 09. My truck is a super late 09 build (Built October 09, I think it had something to do with the bailouts/bankruptcy) and I had the stitching facing out. Like I said, I didn't hate it, it actually made the leather stand out, but the rattle was KILLING me...

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet truck. Kinda partial as I hav an 09 Denali. Have to get my black emblem overlay now

OP
OP
DenaliEd

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small update; Safelite came today and replaced the windshield, did a great job. They were supposed to do it Tuesday, but, even though they had the VIN, they sent their tech with 2 standard windshields, not ones for RainSense. So they sent the guy today with the proper windshield, and he just wrapped up a few minutes ago. Did a nice job, and it is Pilkington glass, so I expect it should last a long time.

uPeIbll.jpg
PAdYVPS.jpg

Couple of quick shots, it's super convenient they come to you. Definitely worthwhile. And my insurance covered 100% of it!

OP
OP
DenaliEd

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a few pics yesterday, since it was clean for a minute...
M4xNfIE.jpg
rtiHk2V.jpg

And enjoyed a stogie on the way back to IA:
ugzL9lu.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Took a few pics yesterday, since it was clean for a minute...
M4xNfIE.jpg
rtiHk2V.jpg

And enjoyed a stogie on the way back to IA:
ugzL9lu.jpg
Haha that last pic reminds me of that arnold swartzenegger parody video.
And he's driving a Sierra

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts