Will in Nashville's 2005 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
willinnashville

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After more studying at YouTube University, I prepared to sag the front diff. That turned out to be the toughest part of the whole thing. Actually, sagging the front diff turned out to be the second hardest part. The hardest part was getting the front diff back in place.

Anyway after a couple hours I found my problem. A square and rock hard o-ring
1000000907.jpg

1000000909.jpg

OP
OP
willinnashville

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At some point in the life of this car the oil pan gasket had been replaced. The gasket didn't have the rivet and trans end had more RTV on it than seemed necessary to me and my YouTube University professors.

For reinstallation I applied a smidge at the seams in all the corners and buttoned it up.

I had a pretty tough time wrestling with the front diff, but I eventually got it back in place.

Fired it up after cranking it with the coils unplugged for about 30 seconds. Oil pressure immediately jumped up over 40psi, which made me happy.

I let it idle and cleaned up the tools and garage, then checked again for leaks. Everything was good to go, so I installed the shields and took it for a successful test drive.

Time for some beers and the Super Bowl

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At some point in the life of this car the oil pan gasket had been replaced. The gasket didn't have the rivet and trans end had more RTV on it than seemed necessary to me and my YouTube University professors.

For reinstallation I applied a smidge at the seams in all the corners and buttoned it up.

I had a pretty tough time wrestling with the front diff, but I eventually got it back in place.

Fired it up after cranking it with the coils unplugged for about 30 seconds. Oil pressure immediately jumped up over 40psi, which made me happy.

I let it idle and cleaned up the tools and garage, then checked again for leaks. Everything was good to go, so I installed the shields and took it for a successful test drive.

Time for some beers and the Super Bowl
Nice work. :happy107:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My older daughter played travel basketball for a few years, then switched to volleyball for a few years after that. I didn't do a lot to the truck during that time since it was needed for long trips to out of town tournaments.

During this time I got a subwoofer for Father's Day, so I put in a new head unit, amp and the sub in a tube enclosure that it still there. It's great. I rigged up a tablet to play songs from spotify

View attachment 413616
What sub tube is this? I’ve always liked the way these work, with very little footprint required.

OP
OP
willinnashville

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What sub tube is this? I’ve always liked the way these work, with very little footprint required.
This is the one I bought. The wires that came with it straight up sucked, so I switched those out for some thicker wire. Other than that, I've been pretty happy with it.

Funny you should ask about this, I'm actually picking up some used equipment from a friend this week. Should be quite an upgrade, so I'm looking forward to it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019