Brake upgrade options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I lowered my 16' Yukon and put on 24" Futures and now the brakes just look tiny. Are there other options beside Wilwood or Baer kits that are $2k+ just for Fronts? Is it possible to do a Z06 conversion on the these?

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM has a $5k Brembo kit just for fronts.

SSBC MIGHT make a kit, but no one is sure yet...

OP
OP
2016YUKONSLT

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does increasing the diameter help slow it down quicker when using the same caliper?

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you're doing it for looks

On all modern cars, a brake upgrade rarely results in any meaningful reduction in stopping distance - usually, you'll see <10 feet if we're talking about the 1st panic stop

But watch out for cheap kits where you'll actually see longer distances since the new setup weights more than OEM

A brake upgrade helps you on fade and feel, which is important when you're using the brakes a lot like at the track, mountains, towing, etc ... this fade improvement is where an upgrade will help shorten distances vs stock beyond the 1st panic stop

OP
OP
2016YUKONSLT

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was doing it for looks. Just curious how a rotor diameter increase slows the vehicle down quicker.

The caliper and the same size pad are used. The surface area of contact is the same. I guess i don't fully understand how leverage is gained. Is it just because now the pads are hitting an inch farther from the center?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the StopTech Trophy Sport Big Brake Kit
still pricey though

think autoanything has 25% off

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't see any material difference, but if you're interested academically, search the internet on brake upgrade benefits, lots of headache inducing stuff out there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts