Brake upgrade options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2016YUKONSLT

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did. Ran into a couple issues as they don't fit a 15/16 directly. Had to grind on the spindle and then use the shims. Once all that was figured out, I'm going to have to find a 1/8th inch/3mm spacer for the front OR grind on part of the new caliper and then get it powder coated again. But before all that, the calipers need to be repaired as there is some manufacturing issues with the ports. They look clogged and caused leaks. I'm waiting on vendor to send me a new set and will return these under warranty.

OP
OP
2016YUKONSLT

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed that there is now a performance brake kit option for Tahoes in my dealer's accessory catalog. Not sure if they could but put on a Yukon though...

I wonder if these are the one for the Tahoe RST?

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if these are the one for the Tahoe RST?

I believe they are. I could have sworn they had mentioned in one of the press statements that the exhaust and big brake options were going to be available right away...which we already knew the exhaust was available. Not long after the announcement the brake option shows up.

OP
OP
2016YUKONSLT

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe they are. I could have sworn they had mentioned in one of the press statements that the exhaust and big brake options were going to be available right away...which we already knew the exhaust was available. Not long after the announcement the brake option shows up.

They are a 6 piston caliper with a larger rotor for $2600. Wilwood is still cheaper by $500 off summit.

duke90

Reaction score
If anyone has a used big brake kit (Brembo, Wilwood or Stoptech) they are looking to sell please send me a PM Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon