2015 Yukon Denali replacement brake parts recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Taco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 75,000 miles on my Yukon Denali and I need to replace the brake pads and rotors. I live in SW Florida near the water and MAY be towing a boat on the highway 1400 miles twice a year. I have been on the Rock Auto web site looking at brake parts and there are lot of options to chose from. They have Economy, Daily driver, Coated rust resistant, Heavy duty towing, Drilled and slotted rotors and a Premium grade. I just want decent replacement parts without going overboard. Any recommendations or experiences from the forum would be helpful. Thanks

blondie70

Reaction score
I just bought a set of pads for the front of mine. Good grade...shocked to see "made in china" on them Wish RA would tell where the stuff is made so I could avoid this.

OP
OP

06 Taco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a set of pads for the front of mine. Good grade...shocked to see "made in china" on them Wish RA would tell where the stuff is made so I could avoid this.
Which pads did you buy? I don't like "made in china " either

OP
OP

06 Taco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the advantage of the drilled and slotted rotors that the Baer kit features? What type of brake pad do I need for low dust and decent pad life? My OEM pads lasted 75,000 miles and the amount of dust that they produced didn't seem like a lot to me and the braking was fine until the rotors warped.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very little for a street car. Main purpose is to release brake dust and gas under braking use.
Dynamic Friction Company out of California makes some great brake pads. I have been very pleased with them on my Yukon XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019