best cai for 99 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Archtoker420

Archtoker420

Reaction score
I am trying to decide between a Volant 15546 and a AFE Momentum gt 54-74104. Both have boxes. Volant dry Powercore filter and the AFE is a oil treated filter. Any idea's on which brand is better?
I'm going with the volant powercore. Just ordered it today when it gets here and I put it on I'll let you know my opinion on it

OP
OP
Archtoker420

Archtoker420

Reaction score
If you weren't considering intake air temperature, for what reason do you want a "cold air intake"?
I didn't consider things settling and getting shifted and having a hard install. I was def. considering the temp and flow of it which is why I was looking for opinions.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Temp shouldn't be a concern with a cai versus the stock setup. Like on my tahoe the air is pulled in through a hole in the fender. It pulls air from outside the engine bay and the common notion of heatsoak on the plastic oem pipes also doesn't matter. At full throttle the air is moving through the pipe too fast to be effected. You would get a bigger benefit if you put in a lower temp thermostat as far as thats concerned. But even still any benefit to that would be so negligible you would never know it.

Freightlinerman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just ordered the AFE momentum gt 54-74104. It is hard to decide which brand to go with. I picked the CAI with the best reviews. It was a pain in the Arse.

OP
OP
Archtoker420

Archtoker420

Reaction score
OK guys I've installed the volant on my 99. And looks and sound are awesome it performs nicely. But the instructions and installation process was a *****. Granted my car might not have been perfect and I ran out of daylight but still just the whole thing was a pain. I'll put some pics up later

ThinBlue82

Reaction score
I have had the k&n on my 99 Denali since 2003 or so. I have yet to have a problem with it and it does sound pretty damn awesome when I mash the throttle!! Install was easy too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia