best cai for 99 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archtoker420

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on an air intake for my 99 yukon. I have a couple in mind but don't know which is better. I either want the volant cai or a k&n or possibly an air raid. Anyone have any opinions please anything would help

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whichever one you want that actually replaces the top throttle pipe. They all do the same thing some of them dont replace the first piece off the throttle thi.

OP
OP
Archtoker420

Archtoker420

Reaction score
Whichever one you want that actually replaces the top throttle pipe. They all do the same thing some of them dont replace the first piece off the throttle thi.
Looks like they all replace the pipe. Here's the volant the k&n and the air raid

volant_150576.jpg

k&n_1914_gmc_yukon_1999.jpg

airaid_203-207.jpg

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
I had the K&N on mine but one trip back home (delta farm land ) and it was crazy dirty. I pulled it out and plan on swapping to the Volant. nothing against the k&n just didn't work out for me. I do like how the Volant bolts directly to the TB. the K&N had a adaptor on the end

Last edited:

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That air raid one you posted used the stock tb plastic junk and the flex pipe. It just goes on after the maf. If you want the best benefit the flex pipe needs to go and that stock plastic junk with the sound chamber needs to go.

OP
OP
Archtoker420

Archtoker420

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the volant. Maybe the k&n. Scratch the air raid off the list

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well in defense of airaid since i do like thier products the difference is negligible between what i mentioned before. But in regards to the purpose of your post for the best gains throughout the rpm range id go k&n first then Volant. Only reason being there is on some applications that nice box volant has around thier filter cuts down on some of that extra growl your get with a cai

OP
OP
Archtoker420

Archtoker420

Reaction score
Well in defense of airaid since i do like thier products the difference is negligible between what i mentioned before. But in regards to the purpose of your post for the best gains throughout the rpm range id go k&n first then Volant. Only reason being there is on some applications that nice box volant has around thier filter cuts down on some of that extra growl your get with a cai
Thanks I appreciate it. The more I read around the more problems on installation I find with the volant. I just don't wanna spend all that money and be disappointed. I'm gonna keep reading around. Everyone's opinions are very helpful

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
I have a k&n on my 96 2 door and had one on my 99 and never had an issue not sure on gains but my engine sounds mean witb her on there just adds a nice grumble and if it does give me some hp gains or gas then even better ...

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of installation issues generally fall on the grounds on age of the vehicle. When volant designed thier intake for that vehicle they most likely had a prime example of either show room condition truck or literally brand new truck. Things shift a little from normal or aggressive driving. If you ever noticed what the truck does every time you punch it from a stop the one front corner is actually raised a little higher than the other due to the torque twist from the engine. Or just creeping down a trail to your favorite hunting/fishing location the vehicle is twisting. After a few years its only natural for things to shift a little. If i recall reading about the one intake not sure on the brand but the complaint i was reading was it fits in the location its intended but you have to fight it in place. Ive had similar issues with numerous brands and vehicles. Just order the one you like and be patient when installing. Things get missed or just overlooked when you try to rush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10