Finally Installed K&N CAI in 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I have the Airaid MIT, which is essentially a polished tube (inside) to connect the stock CAI air filter box to the engine intake. I use a Wixx filter.

I purchased this at the recommendation of @BlackBearPerf as a way to clean up and remove the OEM intake tube with all of its noise reduction baffling, while still maintaining the OEM CAI air filter box. I do get a bit more intake 'noise' with it when I punch it, but it is cool.

View attachment 420391

Your power steering fluid resevoir looks like mine.

OP
OP
LurkingLuke

LurkingLuke

Reaction score
Qty
Hard to find. Does this help?
Performance Air Intake System
SKU: 30-3070

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to see the videos, please. As far as I know, the 2013 Yukon Denali already had CAI as a stock build (draws cold air from the tire/fender well and not warm air from the engine compartment). If your KN CAI is now drawing air from the engine compartment, you now do not have a CAI, but instead, you have eliminated it.

I'll wait to see the videos before forming a final opinion.
Truth. A quality drop-in filter with the stock setup is more than perfect. I prefer paper replaceable filters than the oily reusable filters.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truth. A quality drop-in filter with the stock setup is more than perfect. I prefer paper replaceable filters than the oily reusable filters.
I tried the oily reusable filter, but I went back to paper, as I did not see an appreciable buildup of particles on the reusable oily filter (meaning that they probably went right through it and into the engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019