What is the best intake to pair with a Black Bear Tune, I currently have an MIT but I was thinking about upgrading and replacing the airbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exzelz

Reaction score
I currently have an Airaid MIT installed in my 5.3 2007 Tahoe. I also have a Black Bear Tune. I also have a flow master FX and deleted the resonator.

I am running the stock airbox with a regular paper filter. I see some people saying the Airaid MIT is the best to pair with a Black Bear Tune. I was on their website and looked at the CAI performance and it seems like the full Airaid Intake performs much better than the MIT, which had me thinking about switching.

I found the performance CAI for about $150 online.

I also don't hear the “whoosh” sound everyone does, unless it’s because of my exhaust.

Does anyone have experiences with which intake pairs best with a Black Bear Tune in 5.3?

koolkeith6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I currently have an Airaid MIT installed in my 5.3 2007 Tahoe. I also have a Black Bear Tune. I also have a flow master FX and deleted the resonator.

I am running the stock airbox with a regular paper filter. I see some people saying the Airaid MIT is the best to pair with a Black Bear Tune. I was on their website and looked at the CAI performance and it seems like the full Airaid Intake performs much better than the MIT, which had me thinking about switching.

I found the performance CAI for about $150 online.

I also don't hear the “whoosh” sound everyone does, unless it’s because of my exhaust.

Does anyone have experiences with which intake pairs best with a Black Bear Tune in 5.3?
Where did you find the CAI performance for $150?

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have an Airaid MIT installed in my 5.3L '07 Tahoe. I also have a Black Bear Tune. I also have a flow master FX and deleted the resonator.

I am running the stock airbox with a regular paper filter.
Wait. Which one are you using? OE or AirRaid MIT?
I see some people saying the Airaid MIT is the best to pair with a Black Bear Tune.
I was on their website and looked at the CAI performance and it seems like the 'full Airaid intake' performs much better than the MIT, which had me thinking about switching ...

Does anyone have experiences with which intake pairs best with a Black Bear Tune in 5.3L?
1st, engine size is almost irrelevant, especially if your engine already had
RPO K47 HIGH CAPACITY AIR CLEANER
2nd, The best intake, is the best intake, regardless of GM tune or @BlackBearPerf tune, even if the tune makes it more obvious.
3rd, not sure you're gonna find many people who disagree with BlackBear.
4th, the performance improvement may not be worth another $100.
I'd save up for 4.10 axle(s) instead. Costs more, but that'd REALLY get up and go.

blondie70

Reaction score
I'm in the market for an AirRaid MIT for my 2012 5.3 if you decide to sell yours.

OP
OP
exzelz

exzelz

Reaction score
I'm in the market for an AirRaid MIT for my 2012 5.3 if you decide to sell yours.
I’ll let you know next week, I just shipped mine back to Summit to see if they will refund it. If they don’t i’ll sell it to ya if you don’t have one by then.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally spoke to BBP a few year back about intake systems. They told me that my 07 Yukon XL Denali already had an OEM CAI system, and the best bang for the buck was to go with the Airaid MIT. The MIT would not make a noticeable improvement in performance, but it would clean up the top of the motor.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They told me the factory intake on my 5.3 was more than enough for a stock engine w/tune... no other hardware upgrades.

Same with the factory exhaust; they aren't restrictions on a stock engine. Upgrading the intake & exhaust would give maybe 5-10hp, if that, along with my 91-93 octane tune and a healthy (in tune) engine. They're just sound mods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts