Finally Installed K&N CAI in 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the oily reusable filter, but I went back to paper, as I did not see an appreciable buildup of particles on the reusable oily filter (meaning that they probably went right through it and into the engine.
Regardless of what the manufactures say I do not believe any oily residue on the MAF sensor does anything good at all. And a high-flow filter will let more particles through than a normal filter regardless of what they say as well. To top it off many people either under oil or over oil their filters. It's too much hassle, and as mentioned, these trucks and SUVs get their cool air from the passenger side inner fender, whereas a "cold air intake" gets it's hot air from the engine compartment. I have seen a kit that uses a cone filter inside of a sealed box which still pulls air from the inner fender, but at that point it seems like you're spending $500+ on nonsense for the cool-looks factor. My experiences as a teen and twenty-something year old taught me now in my mid-30s to "keep it simple stupid" and "don't fix what's not broken!"

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Data log your intake temperature. You'll find it heat soaks at stop lights and takes a few miles to cool off to a few degrees above what the air temperature is (driving at highway speeds). Once you let off the gas you'll see the temp start to rise a few degrees. I use the Torque app. Very interesting to watch the parameters.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The slight heatsoak at stops and the minut amount of particles from a high flow filter makes so little difference you will never notice it nor have any ill effects from it
so many millions have driven this way if there was some kind of detrimental effect you would have heard about a long time ago
change your oil, keep the intake clean
enjoy

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you aren't running the vararam intake then you won't get any performance gain. I ran the vararam and you could actually feel the power gains. My truck easily hangs with r/t chargers. After the intake i raised the first gear rpm wot limit to 6000 rpm and its a blast to drive with this setup. It's still more to give because i never got it tuned for the intake yet. This is the only intake you should get that you can actually feel yourself being sucked into the back of your seat that give an oh shyt feeling. I have an 6.2 so I'm not sure what the results would be for 5.3.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh.. vararam intake does have a big name in corvette worlds as the only working ram air setup even if most. people feel the quality of the build isn't up to the price but it does make the hp others don'ts.. the truck one looks the part if it's getting high pressure air straight from the front end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20