A/C not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nord

Reaction score
I spoke with my dealer this morning and was told GM is making 300 condensers per day but was unable to give me an ETA. This sucks.

Andrea26028

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in same boat. Took it (2015 Tahoe - original owner) into dealer over 30 days ago, still no ETA on the part that supposedly will fix the A/C. Very disappointed in GM.

wrestler79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2014 Yukon SLT and the AC does the same thing, came home from work last night it was working fine, went out to dinner and it did not work on the way to the restaurant, glad it was close to our house, hour later got in to go home and it worked fine. WTH?

djblue

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Include me in this list: 2014 Tahoe LT. AC problem. Warm air coming out. Sometimes cold but NOT as cold as it should be. Already brought to GM service twice now. Scheduled for 3rd on Monday. Any info on going through Lemon Law here in California? Any help from SaferCar?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google search your state for Lemon Law and follow it to a T. GM and GM no customer service are not your friends. Document everything and my best advice is to Google search lemon law attorneys in your area and use one. In Florida where I had to Lemon Law mine they don't charge you and I believe that is for most states if not all. Good luck.

Tally2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow, this is the same thing I have going on with our 16 Tahoe LT. I thought I was the crazy one thinking it just doesn't get that cold in out Tahoe. My 07 Tahoe would freeze you out of it with just using the air recirculate button and not even have the a/c button on. Then we spend $60+ for this and have the same a/c issues you all are having and we live in NC with the heat and humidity. Great well now to take it in and get checked.:mad:

tonyinvents

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Yukon 5.3 RWD my AC quit working April 2017, took it to the dealer May 9th. Have had several phone calls with them, "needs a condenser and its on backorder" they say. Had a conversation with GM customer service on chat a few days ago, and WOW they are useless and unconcerned with my satisfaction or the well being of my young kids. I currently live in So Cal but from AZ and still travel there often. Customer service said I would have to "take it up with the dealer in Arizona" if I am seeking some kind of compensation/rental. I told them that I will go to jail if the cops see me driving in 118 degree weather of Phoenix with a 2 yr and 4 yr old in the back seat. It is now June 26th, still no AC. Contacting lemon law atty now, they can have this Lease back.

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list. My 2015 Yukon SLE AC stopped working while driving home last night toward the end of a 1300 mile trip. I can get cool air if I turn it on recirculate while the vehicle is moving. If the vehicle sitting still or the system is on auto all you get is warm air from both the driver and the passenger side. I will be taking mine to the dealer at 7:30 in the morning hopefully they can get it fixed but I've been reading that The condenser part is on national backorder. Of course my vehicle is out of warranty and has 66,000 miles on it. They can have their vehicle back if it's going to cost me $12-$1500 to repair. The sad part is my father is a retired GM Vice President and even he is thoroughly disgusted with the lack of quality in such a high class vehicle. GM customer service is a joke even the ones here on the forum can't get anything done for us.

Nord

Reaction score
I've been waiting 2 months for a condenser and they still can't even give me an ETA. Even aftermarket condensers are back ordered. This has been absolutely ridiculous.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
It's complete BulllllllShit , as many people that are out of work, run three shifts a day or find another vendor until your caught up. some one spending 70k plus on a vehicle shouldn't be put through this crap.