Heated Seats not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

p1zaul

Reaction score
I haven't messed with mine but it seems easier to just replace it and see what happens.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I inspected a 2016 Yukon Denali the other week where the customer's complaint was a driver's side seat heater non-functional. When the technician used his infrared thermometer, we noted that actually, BOTH of the front seat bottom cushion heaters were inoperative - but the backrest heaters were working.
That's interesting results. When I replaced the bottom seat cushion on my 2015 Denali I noticed the wires going to the object alert actuators in the side seat cushions were severed. They had been pinched from sliding in and out of the seat to the point that the wires severed. The actual seat heat/cool element wires I think gets pinched as the seat foam starts to deteriorate. The wires come in from the back and the pad then sits in several cutouts on the foam. The Seat Shop has a good video explaining it as you have to modify their SLE foam to make it work for heated and cooled seats. My seat does warm better (still not as fast as my CT6 or F150) now that my seat foam is replaced.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's interesting results. When I replaced the bottom seat cushion on my 2015 Denali I noticed the wires going to the object alert actuators in the side seat cushions were severed. They had been pinched from sliding in and out of the seat to the point that the wires severed. The actual seat heat/cool element wires I think gets pinched as the seat foam starts to deteriorate. The wires come in from the back and the pad then sits in several cutouts on the foam. The Seat Shop has a good video explaining it as you have to modify their SLE foam to make it work for heated and cooled seats. My seat does warm better (still not as fast as my CT6 or F150) now that my seat foam is replaced.
Interesting observation. This same customer's complaint I remember was that the seat vibrator/haptic motor in the driver's seat wasn't functioning. I believe there was also a message on the DIC. Maybe that was the problem? Weird though that both front seat bottom heaters weren't functioning though.

My 2019 Yukon's seat heaters work great, even though I read a lot of complaints posted here and on gm-trucks.com stating that the newer models don't get as hot as the older models. I can't tell although I never owned an older model to compare them to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660