A/C not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgbgene

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This AC issue seems to be isolated to Tahoes only. Anyone with a Yukon reported these issues?

And still curious to see if the overcharge issue was a long term fix.
My 06 Yuk has had nothing but problems with the a/c

TexasLC

Reaction score
Hello all.

I’m a fellow ‘15 Tahoe owner.

I have 51,000 miles and my A/C is now out for the 3rd time.

1st was condenser crack at a bend in the piping (popular problem)
2nd was from compressor locking up (about 3 weeks after first fix)
3rd time today I believe is possibly a frozen compressor...

Anyone have any current knowledge on availability of parts in summer of 2018?

Last year at 30,000 miles it took a 2-3 weeks to get each fix done.

Glad I have an extended warranty. Sheesh!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a shortage on parts but my understanding is that has been resolved. I am sure your Dealer will be able to advise.

jasgot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all.

I’m a fellow ‘15 Tahoe owner.

I have 51,000 miles and my A/C is now out for the 3rd time.

1st was condenser crack at a bend in the piping (popular problem)
2nd was from compressor locking up (about 3 weeks after first fix)
3rd time today I believe is possibly a frozen compressor...

Anyone have any current knowledge on availability of parts in summer of 2018?

Last year at 30,000 miles it took a 2-3 weeks to get each fix done.

Glad I have an extended warranty. Sheesh!
My 2015 Denali goes in Monday to have the a/c fixed for the 4th time. I feel your frustration.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TexasLC

Reaction score
My 2015 Denali goes in Monday to have the a/c fixed for the 4th time. I feel your frustration.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It’s a 95-100 here in Austin: (

GL with your repairs!

boal05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s a 95-100 here in Austin: (

GL with your repairs!
My 15 Yukon is at the dealer today having a laundry list of issues checked on, this being 1 of the many! fingers crossed for some good news. The levels are low in the A/C system but I'm not paying $120 for a recharge when there is a known issue with the condenser out there! Need all this to break before November when my coverage ends!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they inspect the condenser and tell you there was no problem. You may want to do a Google search as I know there are some pictures floating around showing the problem area and then inspect yours. After looking at the pictures maybe yours could conveniently have the same problem area. Wink, wink. Make sure the TSB or recall was done if you fall under the TSB or recall which was the factory did not fill them properly and the GM label under the hood needed to be replaced indicating the proper refill amount and the proper refill amount was then put in the system.

TexasLC

Reaction score
We got our ‘15 Tahoe back this past weekend.

After having the compressor and condenser replaced previously (maybe 6 months ago), the culprit this time was a line leading to the condenser that had a break or split in it.

So guess what...

Most extended warranties don’t cover lines, only the actual units. Luckily we bought the highest tier warranty, so it covered about 80% of the cost.

So be aware out there that it’s not just condensers going out.

All that said, my dealer handled everything well, and was as fair as possible. Plus putting us in a nice loaner for the 2 weeks it took to get fixed.

Tejas2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm a newbie here but my story is the same. I bought my wife a brand new 2015 Tahoe with lots of toys and whistles straight off the showroom floor. The vehicle had 4 miles on it when we drove it off the lot. I paid $65,000 dollars for my wife to have her dream SUV. Today of all days, (July 16) the A/C goes out. My wife calls the dealership to try to get the vehicle in for repairs, can't get in for a week. They ask if we had an extended warranty (we don't buy worthless extended warranties). They said they sorta had a recall regarding faulty A/C condensers and compressors. They will charge $99.99 to run diagnostics to see what the problem is. If the repair is "covered" they wouldn't charge us for the diagnostics or repair, but if it didn't fall under the recall, we would owe the $99.99 PLUS whatever the repair bill is (approx. $1200.00 PLUS) I never knew, after listening to all the hype surrounding the Tahoes, that I would lay down this much money for a vehicle that would break down in just 3.5 short years. If GM can't stand behind their known faulty A/C's and fix this problem, you can rest assured that I won't be purchasing another GM product, again, ever. And once I reiterate this to all my family and friends who also, just so happen to own Tahoes, you can bet they won't be buying GM again either. I hope this repair is handled correctly to the benefit of all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98