A/C not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Dealer called and told me mine is also the condenser. Showed me where it's leaking, drivers side top corner weld. Service manager who is a good friend told me that he has 24 vehicles waiting for condensers since April. GM has told them that they are on backorder due to issues in the 2017's and all production is going to new vehicles. He also said the the Corporation regional reps are the ones who will decide who gets parts first. My buddy told me they asked him who is the most pissed off customer! Also, they told the dealers to try and get the affected customers to trade out of the broken vehicles and put them in new vehicles. He said that corporate told those of us out of warranty should have bought the GM extended warranty package! Just so you all know, I contacted the Detroit Free Press and Automotive News this afternoon trying to get the story on the front page! I'll keep you informed....

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Dealer called and told me mine is also the condenser. Showed me where it's leaking, drivers side top corner weld. Service manager who is a good friend told me that he has 24 vehicles waiting for condensers since April. GM has told them that they are on backorder due to issues in the 2017's and all production is going to new vehicles. He also said the the Corporation regional reps are the ones who will decide who gets parts first. My buddy told me they asked him who is the most pissed off customer! Also, they told the dealers to try and get the affected customers to trade out of the broken vehicles and put them in new vehicles. He said that corporate told those of us out of warranty should have bought the GM extended warranty package! Just so you all know, I contacted the Detroit Free Press and Automotive News this afternoon trying to get the story on the front page! I'll keep you informed....

Just curious what would happen if they gave you a rental and you refused to give it back till your AC was fixed? I sweat when a 40 watt light bulb is turned on so no way I can live without AC.

Nord

Reaction score
I found this on another forum. I doubt it will do much good, but I sent her an email anyway. Hopefully everyone else will do the same.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/191701-2015-tahoe-ac-condenser/page-2#entry2007459

"I emailed Mary Barra expressing my displeasure with this situation. Finally, someone did call me back, unlike the first time I contacted GM. Don't get too excited though guys. Nothing was accomplished. I asked them to pay for half of the repair, which I thought was more than fair. They refused.

I do encourage you though to send an email to Mary and let her know how frustrated and dissatisfied you are with your purchase of their product. You can email her at [email protected]. It probably won't help you financially, but it will at least hopefully get your voice heard and maybe they will stop claiming that they have no idea what we are talking about.

This was GMs last chance to offer some assistance and do what was right. I drive thousands of passengers every year, and get asked many times how I like my vehicle. Going forward, I will be honest. I will let them know that GM does not care about their customers, and I would not recommend buying any of their products. I thought that things at GM were improving. I guess I was wrong.

I will never own another GM product. I am done."

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another update on my AC issues. I found a aftermarket condenser at the local PepBoys. It's made by a tier 1 supplier out of Canada. It's getting installed on Wednesday. I'll be sending the bill to GM! My local dealer has no problem installing the non GM part, just can't guarantee it. The part comes with a 2 year warranty from the manufacturer. The parts guy at PepBoys ordered 8 more condensers from his warehouse after I told him what's going on with the 2015 Yukons and Tahoe.

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, if you're fed up with waiting for your dealer to get you a condenser, the local Pep Boys here in Knoxville TN has 15 of them available for approx. $150. He also told me that the Pep Boys distribution warehouse in TX has 50 of them in stock. The condenser is made by Spectra in Canada, comes with a 2 year warranty and is a direct fit for the 2015 GMC Yukon/Tahoe 5.3L engine. I plan on having mine installed and will send the bill to GM. If you want to buy one from the Pep Boys here in Knoxville, call Travis @ 865-690-2777. Tell him I told you about them and hopefully he can take care of you. I'm not getting any financial incentive from him for this information. Just trying to look out for my fellow Yukon/Tahoe owners!

Nord

Reaction score
Finally just got a call from the dealership and my condenser should be in tomorrow. It took 2 months.

Kimberly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I had a chat with GM today myself about my 2015 Tahoe. They too told me that the condensers are on back order because of the issue... if this is such a problem why isn't GM doing a recall and rushing the part to be built (correctly). I had a 2002 Chevy Tahoe that had 250,000 miles and had very little trouble to speak of. I have a 2015 that has been in the service department more than it has been out... I purchased it in 2014 and have every piece of paper that I received for each time it has been in the shop and that stack is getting thicker... one issue was the AC (2 different times) and both times they told me is was working properly... I told them I was not satisfied with that but there wasn't anything I can do. We pay too much money for these vehicles to have these issues. I only hope GM will do the right thing and make it right. I am a Chevy girl through and through, but this is putting a bad taste in my mouth. :(

tdriver113

Reaction score
I had a chat with GM today myself about my 2015 Tahoe. They too told me that the condensers are on back order because of the issue... if this is such a problem why isn't GM doing a recall and rushing the part to be built (correctly). I had a 2002 Chevy Tahoe that had 250,000 miles and had very little trouble to speak of. I have a 2015 that has been in the service department more than it has been out... I purchased it in 2014 and have every piece of paper that I received for each time it has been in the shop and that stack is getting thicker... one issue was the AC (2 different times) and both times they told me is was working properly... I told them I was not satisfied with that but there wasn't anything I can do. We pay too much money for these vehicles to have these issues. I only hope GM will do the right thing and make it right. I am a Chevy girl through and through, but this is putting a bad taste in my mouth. :(
Unfortunately, It looks like GM is not interested in doing the right thing...............

Kerwin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same problem here. I bought a 2015 Gmc yukon. Now the Vehicle is two years old and 45,000 miles. Nice suv but, im driving a nice pressure cooker pot in florida! Gm is making american trucks something to get rid off. Not to mention all the times I took my vehicle to the dealership to fix the water getting inside and they always says " the shark fin seal is bad" that sucks.

Casey2212us

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same issue here. 95 degrees outside and all the AC does is blow hot air. Dealer can't even get me in until next week. Lots of post on this, surprised they have not placed a recall yet. I'm in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh