A/C not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nord

Reaction score
GM basically told me they won't issue a recall because it's not a safety issue.

My Yukon finally got fixed last week after waiting 2 months. Even though my bumper to bumper warranty is expired I was able to negotiate with my dealer for them to cover the costs. All I had to pay was about $250 for the condenser, much better than the initial $1200.

Extrovert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Tahoe was doing the same thing i have found that Relay for low and high fan melted

Shenanigans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've replaced the condenser on my '15 myself, recharged, blew ice cold. 3 days later, nothing. Put gauges back on it, charge is good, compressor is working, blows luke warm, not hot..I'm about to lose it with this thing. Been dealing with this since the beginning of July.

rolson56

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Ac goes out on 2015 and starts working randomly

My Ac goes out on my 2015 Tahoe randomly blows hot and then I bring it to dealer, they can't find a problem because it starts working again. I checked online and people have been complaining on Edmunds about same issues. If you know what it is, please tell me so I can get it fixed. It's 100 degrees in Louisiana and I never know when I will have AC.
M
My 2005 had this prob, it was 2 of the actuators in the a/c plenum. Had to pull the dash to get at them and then the dealer had to recalibrate them.

Duff87

Reaction score
Add me to the list: 2015 tahoe with 48k miles been good for a year... then when I leave work today ac blows out luke warm air... it eventually got to the point where it was a lil cool... but definitely not snow balls

Shenanigans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine's fixed, hopefully.

Replaced the condenser couple of weeks ago, started blowing warm again..said f'it, dropped it off at the dealer. Replaced a line that runs from compressor that was cracked..$450 later, let's hope THIS is it lol.

rsnellingsgl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This happened to me a few times and I just shut the system down for a few minutes and then turned it back on (not on Auto) and it came back on. Would not blow cold air unless I did it that way. It happened a few times over a 2-week stretch and hasn't happened since. Not sure what happened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geojarn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Add me to the list of leaking condensers. 2015 Yukon XL no AC yesterday on our way up to the lake. Checked it out this morning leaks pretty obvious. Driver side of the condenser. Think I found a cracked exhaust manifold too.20170904_090731.jpg 20170904_090731.jpg 20170904_091017.jpg 20170904_090731.jpg 20170904_091017.jpg

MN 15i XL Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015.5 XL Denali in Minnesota w/ 53K just stopped blowing cold. Going to give the dealership a shot at it. Maybe a service bulletin covers it but I doubt it. I anticipate replacing the condenser on my own to start, then try find that cross threaded line, and on and on from there... GM seams to have gotten really quiet on this thread...hmmm. All I want to know is what I have to fix to be done with this issue but wonder if this is just the beginning of a nightmare... Has anyone fixed theirs successfully?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons