A/C not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UNC51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Getting ready to have my A/C serviced for the third time and I only have 4400 miles on my 2016 Z71 Tahoe! Can you say Lemon Law? Im tired of this!

AtlNIthin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe (original owner) and the AC went out a week ago. The diagnosis was that the condenser is leaking and the cost was quoted at $1,500. How come so many owners are having this same issue? I love this truck but i can't believe my first GM purchase is giving me such a major issue. GM Please help.

JenniO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same here. I am the original owner of my 2015 Tahoe. It now has 52000 miles and has been to the shop at 3 times and I still have no air conditioning. They have recharged it and still can't find the leak, even after dye. I am beginning to wonder what kinda clowns are working on the problem. When I called the service department I was talked to like I had a 3rd grade education and told, "Freon is a gas. Gas is invisible." I am at my word end and I plan to tell everyone I come in contact with NOT TO BUY A CHEVY!!

JanetB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Phil,

Congratulations on your new purchase! I am sorry to hear you are having this concern with your air conditioning. I would like to reach out to your Chevrolet dealership on your behalf. Please private message me your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership name. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Erica Tiffany (Assisting)
GM Customer Care

JanetB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too am having an AC issue with my 2015 Tahoe LT. Suddenly the AC stopped blowing cold air and started blowing hot air. After taking it to the Chevy dealer that I purchased it from, I was told they can not find the part - could be up to two weeks or more and that they would place me on a waiting list!

My extended warranty will pay for the part and the fix but the part is on back-order! I was told this was an issue Chevy was aware of.

The warranty will not allow an after-market part and I prefer to keep all Chevy parts as well as the validation of the warranty I paid for.

I am dissappointed to say the least. My expensive new Tahoe with extended warranty is unable to be fixed.

I live in Texas and it is already upwards of 90° in April. I NEED A CAR WITH WORKING A/C!!!

Anyone else have a this issue? Were you compensated with a rental car?

Last edited:

SuperMom2Girls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too am having an AC issue with my 2015 Tahoe LT. Suddenly the AC stopped blowing cold air and started blowing hot air. After taking it to the Chevy dealer that I purchased it from, I was told they can not find the part - could be up to two weeks or more and that they would place me on a waiting list!

My extended warranty will pay for the part and the fix but the part is on back-order! I was told this was an issue Chevy was aware of.

The warranty will not allow an after-market part and I prefer to keep all Chevy parts as well as the validation of the warranty I paid for.

I am dissappointed to say the least. My expensive new Tahoe with extended warranty is unable to be fixed.

I live in Texas and it is already upwards of 90° in April. I NEED A CAR WITH WORKING A/C!!!

I'm having the same issue and don't have an extended warranty. I also have a 2015 Tahoe LT purchased in March 2015.

Andyp24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Same thing here on a 2015 Tahoe Lt with 59k miles. What is the part??

poblack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue and yes, the condenser is on backorder. This is absolutely ridiculous. I have a '15 Tahoe with 56K miles out of warranty. I contacted GM and demanded they help with this. This is clearly either a faulty part or a problem with the freon charge at the factory. Either case GM should be held accountable. This is not how you win loyal customers.