Heated Seats not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

p1zaul

Reaction score
I've read about every post about the heated seats but can't figure out if mine are possibly not working or it is normal for them to not really get warm. I really don't notice them getting warm at all but the heated seat lights come on and stay on. Can someone confirm I should be able to feel then warm up as I've read a bunch of complaints that when working properly they barely warm up.

Also if the fuse was blown or the element burnt out would there light still come on?

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if they are working you will definitely feel them
the earlier vintage got warmer

I had a ram with a broken element; the light would light but the element wouldn't warm up; i'd assume the gm seat heaters could fail in the same way

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^^x2^^^^^ You WILL feel them. I turn mine on at start-up, and within 5 minutes of driving, I suddenly realize that my a** is on fire, and I have to turn the heat setting down.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would agree. The only issue I have currently is a rear seat that tries to warm ip and then cycles off after about 30 seconds. My guess is it's a failed element, but since I don't sit back there I don't really care.

I know my 2008 Denali seats will roast my butt, my 2017 is more subdued, but you should be able to feel them quite quickly.

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2021 Yukon Denali - and the 'heated seat' light would either go from 3 lights to 2 OR turn to cold. Part of this appears to be automatic seat warm/cool based on thermostat settings in the car - e.g. with AC set to auto it would turn on seat cooling regardless of manually selecting seat heating or the overall climate temp setting.

So perhaps you have settings issue like my situation? On the 3 lights to 2 - this seems to happen after a few mins regardless.

But yes, when heat is on I can feel it :)

OP
OP
P

p1zaul

Reaction score
So sounds like element is burnt is that an easy test or fix

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your vehicle, there were complaints from early model years and if I recall the fix was replacing the heating element in the seat. There should be a YouTube showing how to replace them, the bottom cushion cover has to be removed. I would do only one first and see if it fixes your problem. Google is your friend. Good luck.

OP
OP
P

p1zaul

Reaction score
What year is your vehicle, there were complaints from early model years and if I recall the fix was replacing the heating element in the seat. There should be a YouTube showing how to replace them, the bottom cushion cover has to be removed. I would do only one first and see if it fixes your problem. Google is your friend. Good luck.
Thanks I'll take a look and try it out

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I inspected a 2016 Yukon Denali the other week where the customer's complaint was a driver's side seat heater non-functional. When the technician used his infrared thermometer, we noted that actually, BOTH of the front seat bottom cushion heaters were inoperative - but the backrest heaters were working.

justbabs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So sounds like element is burnt is that an easy test or fix
How do you test the heating element? I have the seat back off, and can't find the wire for the heating element. Searching Google hasn't yielded the results I need. Searching this forum has been even less fruitful. TIA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019