A/C not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are one of the lucky ones that the Dealer was able to figure it out and hopefully fix it for you. Good luck.

Yeah they fixed it. Now it cools better than ever. Theres a reason why despite me living in Augusta now, when I return to Miami for vacation I take it to that dealer.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now there should be a recall for the AC label which shows the correct pressure when servicing your AC system. Check it out with your Dealer.

sambone95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked up my 2015 Denali just over a year ago. I have had trouble with my A/C since day one. The problem is similar to what many have mentioned here. When the outside air temperature is about 95 or higher, the performance of the A/C is sporadic. It sometimes takes up to 5 minutes for it to even begin to blow cold; a pretty substantial problem when you are wearing a suit and tie in the Texas heat. When it seems to be working at its best, the A/C is still not as cold as my previous two Denalis.

I mentioned the problem to the dealer at the time of the first oil change. They told me it was operating as designed. I decided to just live with it for the rest of the summer.

Now that it is getting hot again here in Dallas, I will be returning to the dealer this week, armed with the knowledge from this thread. I will post the outcome.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sambone95, I think there were problems with the initial builds with both Tahoes and Denalis and I don't think GM has a fix for them. Mine ended up being a replacement through the Lemon Law in the state of Florida after GM tried numerous fixes. You can read my write up in this thread. Good luck and if you need to go that route don't give up. GM customer "no" service is a joke. I hope they can fix yours as it sure gets hot in Florida and Texas.

Jeffxbr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AC

I took my 2015 Tahoe LT for the same AC reasons. They said the condensor will be replace. My 36K factory warranty ran out. Good thing I bought the extended.
I'm getting tired of taking this car for service

Ladyt618

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took my 2015 Chevy Tahoe in on 7/23/15 (purchased 5/20/15) for the same issues, blowing hard, but never quite cold, no matter how low I turned down the temperature. They replaced O-rings and recharged the system according to the invoice.

Here we are in October, still hot here in TX and it's doing that thing again. I have an appt on Thursday morning to take it in for their AC guys to take a look at it. They kept it for almost a week back then. I sure hope it doesn't take that long this time around. Highly disappointing that this seems to be an ongoing problem. I just hope I do not get the run around this time around.

silkybaby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there anyway to start a class action suit? The air conditioning problem is a manufacturer error. I bought a 2015 chevy tahoe and the ac isn't working. My husband drives for uber and it took the dealrrship 2 days to fix the problem.

Hi guys,
Brand new here, but have been lurking for a while.
I have a new 2015 Tahoe LT. I bought it from a dealer about an hour away and will drive there if I have to, but was hoping to solve this problem on my own.

My AC blows lukewarm air. I've got the temp set to LOW (all the way down) and the AC button is on.

I took a look at the owner's manual and it seems like I've got is set correctly, but it's just not working for me. Manual says there is a fuse box located behind the kick panels on the sides of the dashboard that are revealed as you open the door. For the life of me, I can't get them open.

Anybody have any thoughts on how to get to the fuse panels? Or any other ideas on how I can get the cold A/C working?

Thanks!
-phil

John D

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe with 1OK air stopped blowing cold. No refrigerant in the system. Fix was to dye and recharge. They were unable to locate the leak. Now return to the customer with a smile. "Should be good to go. " 2K later, same issue. Now it's still at the dealer for two full weeks. Waiting for parts that are on back order....really? Must be a issue? The repair kit for cross threaded connections? I guess GM should start paying their employees better so they care about what they are doing when they put them together at assembly. Pride in making GM products the best in the world? Not!!! Now on another issue. I took delivery of this vehicle in August 2014 and never checked the sunroof operation. I did in October and the sunroof didn't work. My fault for not checking operation at delivery? Don't ASSUME that every gadget on your BRAND NEW $70,000 SUV works. Quality control? To the dealer on my day off, I really love waiting and wasting MY time. Two hours later. Problem fixed. I overheard the service tec advising the manager that the switch was purposely left unplugged. I was nosy so I asked about the repair. I was told it was a loose wire. I then saw a hand written note attached to the paperwork. "I hope this took you less than an hour to find" with a smiley face. Boy was I frosted!!! I pried a bit more and spoke to the tec. He didn't want to tell me but steered to the fact that the note was left at assembly. Leaving the switch unplugged on purpose? Wow! Pranks that make GM look bad. Wasting the customers time, Warranty payout to the dealers causing GM money not to mention possibly steering away potential GM customers that read about issues. Is that way we pay $70,000+ for vehicles today? I'm not sure if the dealership reported the note to GM. But whoever did that needs to find another line of work if he/she is not happy.

Jill T

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm brand new to the forum and the thread. I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ that we purchased new from the dealer. I love my Tahoe, but I'm really frustrated at the moment. Unfortunately, 2000 miles after warranty, things started happening. Like everyone posting here, I'm having air conditioning problems. Mine began three weeks ago when the battery had to be replaced. This may be pure coincidence, but after the new battery was installed, the air conditioning began blowing hot air. I took the vehicle to back the dealer. After checking things, they assured me this was just a coincidence. They did a work-up on the air conditioning and recharged the unit and added freon. They could find nothing wrong with the condenser and no leaks. They sent me on my way with a vehicle that was nice and cold. Four days later, the air conditioning has stopped working again. I'm waiting on a callback from the service department. Since they couldn't find anything the first time, I thought I'd try posting here. Did anyone get resolution to the similar problem? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e