A/C not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This also happened to my SLT, however I was able to pin point it more specifically. When I'm doing around town driving its fine, never had an issue. However every time I floor it, either at a light or on the highway I can feel the compressor turning off and then back on. It may be a stretch but it could be shutting it off on purpose to reduce the power loss during WOT.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe was being driven at a constant speed with no acceleration and just continued to cycle as described like it was stuck in that cycle. Never any cold AC air for approx 1 hour. I forgot to mention the passenger side was warmer than the drivers side. The whole situation was just very odd and not the way the AC system should operate regardless of what the tech told me.

Fireman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree that the vehicle is designed to shut off the compressor when you floor it. My 2008 Avalanche did the same thing just as my 2015 Tahoe.

Tahoe14, did you mention to the dealer about the metal shavings in the Freon system? As I mentioned earlier, my dealer kept my Tahoe for 5 days and was in constant contact with GM and they sent the parts to resolve my problem. A/C has been working fine since the fix.

However I may have just jinxed myself and it will quit working today.:)

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am sorry it took some time for this information. I know that Jennifer told you we would have some additional information. We are truly sorry to hear you have been having concerns with your HVAC system after your vehicle has been exposed to high ambient temperatures. We have been sharing the postings here on the forum internally so that our product development teams could proactively establish further remedies. As a result, Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac dealerships have received updated repair procedures in regards to this specific concern. Please contact your dealership directly to determine what specific action will be taken with regard to your vehicle. If you need any assistance with your GM dealership, we are only a private message away. We appreciate your feedback on this forum and are working hard to satisfy everyone as a valued customer.

Sincerely,

Andraya
GM Customer Care

Last edited:

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my A/C blew hot air despite putting it as low as 60. Right now it is still blowing out hot and slightly cooled air. I will be taking it to the dealer tomorrow.

I am prepared for them to tell me that there is nothing wrong with my car as they usually do.... until the warranty expires... then they throw the kitchen sink.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been an on going issue with mine and I am currently in the Lemon Law process. Just took it in for an oil change and now there are two recalls for the AC warning label under the hood as well as the liftgate slamming shut. Unbeleivable.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what happened is that a dealee took care of the AC recall for me and ended up breaking the schraeder valve. I'm in Miami for the holidays so the dealer here has to replace the whole ac line. Outstanding. At least there's something wrong!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are one of the lucky ones that the Dealer was able to figure it out and hopefully fix it for you. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64