A/C not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sevTahoe

Reaction score
UPDATE: 7000 miles now and hasn't happened again for almost 11 weeks (fixed itself?). This weekend will be the ultimate test as I'll be in 100 degree+ weather. I have my first service appointment coming up next week. I'll update on what the dealer says on the issue.

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Sooooooo, guess what? In 100+ temps now and it's happened 3 times in one hour!

40464ddc2cd14ad18fb794a02b90841f.jpg

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh no, sevTahoe! I understand that this can be frustrating and an inconvenience when the temperature reaches over hundred. You mentioned that you are planning to visit your local dealership regarding this concern. I would be happy to reach out to your dealership prior to your appointment to ensure that we are utilizing all of our resources to resolve this air condition issue. Feel free to contact us anytime!

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone have luck getting their AC fixed. Mine has been in once already(diagnosed as over charged system) and getting ready to take it in again after contacting GM Customer Service. My issues: If I change the temperature setting or the auto setting to manual it takes approx. thirty minutes for the system to start blowing cold air again. Had a complete AC power failure a couple of days ago. Had to turn the Tahoe completely off, open the door and then restart to get the system to re-engage. The steering wheel is making a squeaking noise and on a trip from Florida to Tennesee the Nav was inacurate as far as destination time and miles to arrival point, got a picture of that one and wished I would have taken one of the AC failure. Very disappointed so far. Don't have much faith in getting the AC issues repaired. We shall see. If not further action will be taken especially considering the cost of this vehicle.

Fireman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I took the Tahoe in for the second time and after 8 hours, they said everything checked out OK as per the Service Bulletins Chevy has out for the A/C. I think one of the bulletins was to remove the Freon and replace it and while doing so, they broke the Ac completely. They replaced an expansion valve that caused the total failure and basically wished me luck..... Well.... 2 hours after I got home I went to go drive and it was blowing hot air for 5 to 7 minutes again. This time was a little different though. I stopped at 3 consecutive red lights and when stopped the AC would start to cool but got warm again as I drove. I don't know if I even want to take it back again. Fall starts today, But in live in Florida and it doesn't start cooling off until November. Maybe Chevy will have it figured out by next Summer. :emotions133:

Fireman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, on my third try, the Chevy dealer kept my truck for a week and got me a rental. After they talked to GM they have discovered that there are pieces of metal in the Freon system from the assembly line. This is clogging different components that is causing the Freon pressure to get to high so the computer shuts the compressor off. The dealer replaced several AC components that were shipped from GM and placed an inline filter that is not part of original design. It's still warm down here in Florida and I just got my truck back today. I will post again should this not resolve the problem.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fireman, Thank you for your post and I will bring it to the attention of my Service Department. I also live in Florida. They did change the freon pressure in my Tahoe for a second time as a new Bulletin came out about two weeks after they did it the first time with a different pressure setting. GM just can't seem to make up their mind about the freon pressure. I have stayed in constant contact with GM Customer Service and have a case number assigned. We shall see.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to reach out and let you know we should be receiving more information regarding this issue soon. Keep an look at for our next post.

Thank you,

Jennifer T.
GM customer Care

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just had another bad experience with the AC. It was really wacked out on Monday. It was set on auto 74 degrees and 90 degrees outside. It would blow cool air for about a minute from the front vents at full fan speed, then the fan speed would back down to low with warm air and then switch to full fan speed and the air would blow cool air from the vents at your feet with just a trickle of warm air coming from the front vents then it would start the process all over again. This continued for about 30 minutes during my drive to the Dealer and about 30 more minutes with the service adviser in the vehicle. No cold air at anytime during that hour. Diagnosis: operating as designed. Are you kidding me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snackcake01