2017 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if my 17 has different body mounts compared to the 15-16's. I've attached a picture of mine in case anyone with a 15 or 16 would like to compare to theirs.View attachment 68379

Anyone with a 2016 post a picture to compare.

My Yukon is at the dealership indefinitely, so I'm not able to do it.

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 17 Yukon XL for a couple weeks now and currently have about 600 miles on it. So far so good. Coming from my 15 Tahoe LTZ, I can easily tell the difference in the ride between the two. The 17 Yukon ride is smoother, quieter, and more comfortable! Some of this may be contributed to the upgrade from the shorty to the XL as well as going from an LTZ to a Denali, however I believe some of its from the two years GM has had to refine things.

So far I have no vibrations or buffeting issues and have been paying close attention as some on this forum have stated these issues started after a couple hundred miles.

I will keep everyone updated as I put more miles on my vehicle.

So just checking in to see since its been about a month.

Still no vibrations from 70-80?

Still no low speed booming over rough roads?

Still no buffeting at 69-72 on the Highway?

Just want to make sure since many of us bought 2016s without the issues and they developed over time.

My dealer unable to resolve the vibration, and GM engineers won't let them fix anything else, so they a working with Customer Service for a trade assist to a 2017.

We would get the same model as you, Denali XL in grey with the 20's this time. Not the 22s like my 201y has.

OP
OP
WCDENALI

WCDENALI

Reaction score
So just checking in to see since its been about a month.

Still no vibrations from 70-80?

Still no low speed booming over rough roads?

Still no buffeting at 69-72 on the Highway?

Just want to make sure since many of us bought 2016s without the issues and they developed over time.

My dealer unable to resolve the vibration, and GM engineers won't let them fix anything else, so they a working with Customer Service for a trade assist to a 2017.

We would get the same model as you, Denali XL in grey with the 20's this time. Not the 22s like my 201y has.

I just crossed 1,000 miles this morning and so far I have not experienced any vibration or buffeting at any speed or road condition.

I've tested it several times on the highway up to 90 mph and everything was good. No vibration in V8 or V4 mode.

I'm also not experiencing any buffeting at low speeds either.

Only issue so far is an annoying rattle in the second row DVD flip down screen that has developed. I checked the four bolts holding the unit into place and all were tight. Must be something internal that I'll have the dealership check out.

Other than that small issue, I love my new car!

Deuce16GMC, good luck with the issues your having with your vehicle. Hopefully GM comes through for you and gets you into a new car without any of the issues you have been experiencing!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to hear...I am really curious to get confirmation that the body mounts were indeed modified from 15/16 models.

I wonder why they changed the back lighting to green...I always liked the GMC red. I'm assuming the chevy and gmc are now the same with green?

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought the red looked super cheap. Like an old Pontiac. Yuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought the red looked super cheap. Like an old Pontiac. Yuck

That's funny... I always felt that way about the Chevy green. I've had Audi, acura and a few others with red and always liked the look. Now, I read that the 17 is listed as "ice blue" so if it's more blue eather than green, then that I like.

OP
OP
WCDENALI

WCDENALI

Reaction score
That's funny... I always felt that way about the Chevy green. I've had Audi, acura and a few others with red and always liked the look. Now, I read that the 17 is listed as "ice blue" so if it's more blue eather than green, then that I like.

It's more of a blue than green. I will try and snap a better photo of the guage cluster to show you guys

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, I didn't get a LTZ mainly because of the green lighting...
I love the red look.

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really have no idea why, for what we pay for these trucks, we do not get a color change option in the lighting displays.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really have no idea why, for what we pay for these trucks, we do not get a color change option in the lighting displays.
That would be awesome! I guess GM is afraid of being too much like ford lol but my sisters BMW has the option too haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700