2017 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The look is great but the ride sucks!.
I had 22" before and it was my worst nightmare for 6 months. Specially in NY tri state area.
This is my first experience with the 20"
The look is ok but the ride is excellent.

shelton_yukon17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know what it rides like on 20's but I had a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee before the Denali and even with the 22's this rides on a cloud. Ultra smooth and quiet. Have 1100 miles so far and really happy with the upgrade.

cfoote

Reaction score
They changed the "air conditioned" seats to "ventilated" for 2017. The new ventilated seats are a lot cooler than the air conditioned that we're in my 2015.
They are they same seats.
They changed the "air conditioned" seats to "ventilated" for 2017. The new ventilated seats are a lot cooler than the air conditioned that we're in my 2015.
The seats have been the same since they released the 2015 models. They just changed the name because it was confusing. They were ventilated from the start and not air conditioned. Saying that they are air conditioned would lead folks to believe that there was a true AC system that the seats used like I first thought myself. It pulls the air from the back of the seat (Look at the vents behind the two front seats) and vent it though the seating area. One thing that I realized is that you have to keep your seats clean or those holes will get clogged up and the performance will suffer greatly.

YukonCpt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New member shopping for a Denali and on the 17 seats there are no vents on the back. I have asked dealers and they did not even know there was a change. I am hoping for a great deal on a 16 here at the end of the year but may just go for a 17.

scott6760

Reaction score
I have 22s, no vibration, no buffeting. Slightly firmer ride, maybe. But I wouldn't change anything about my wheels, I love them.

I got my '16 Denali with 20's and found a set of OEM 22" take-off's on Craigslist. The ride is noticeably harsher with the 22's but no vibration or buffeting with either set of wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ekim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They are they same seats.

The seats have been the same since they released the 2015 models. They just changed the name because it was confusing. They were ventilated from the start and not air conditioned. Saying that they are air conditioned would lead folks to believe that there was a true AC system that the seats used like I first thought myself. It pulls the air from the back of the seat (Look at the vents behind the two front seats) and vent it though the seating area. One thing that I realized is that you have to keep your seats clean or those holes will get clogged up and the performance will suffer greatly.
Not true. The air conditioned had a blower unit that vented out the rear, into the knees of a rear seat passenger. They did away with that blower and they are vented not air conditioned.

paulb55

Reaction score
Not true. The air conditioned had a blower unit that vented out the rear, into the knees of a rear seat passenger. They did away with that blower and they are vented not air conditioned.

Correct, just run the A/C seats and place your hand over the vents on the back of the seat. if it was just vented, you would not feel any heat and just air movement, trust me, there is alot of heat coming off mine on my esky

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz