2017 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought MRC suspensions got new shocks because owners complained the ride was crap, too rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hadn't heard that. Would be curious if anyone can source that data. If true, maybe I'll throw on the new shocks.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer just told me they aren't aware of any suspension changes in the 17

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hadn't heard that. Would be curious if anyone can source that data. If true, maybe I'll throw on the new shocks.

It's all over the Cadillac forum, you might have better luck getting info on the changes there. It's pretty dead around here sometimes.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all over the Cadillac forum, you might have better luck getting info on the changes there. It's pretty dead around here sometimes.

Which forum is that, I'll take a look.

As far as new shocks, I found this:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...scalade-amends-its-bad-ride-manners/index.htm

New springs and MR software but this was back in 15 and it covered all of these SUVS

Something for those with early production vehicles to look into I think.

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There's discuss on the other forum that dealers are saying GM changed the body mounts on the 2017 for softer mounts.

And from the looks of it, I believe his 2017 has 20 inch wheels which should greatly improve his ride quality over the 22's.

henrye

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you please put a link to that forum discussion? I'm interested in reading.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, I read the same re new body mounts for 2017. This makes total sense and is something many were pointing to last year re the buffeting and vibration issues. If this is true, this might finally be the fix.

hubbbbbb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found late 2016 models have stamped steel control arm.
Can I ask Your 2017 model have stamped steel control arm or aluminum cast arm?

Last edited:
OP
OP
WCDENALI

WCDENALI

Reaction score
yes, I read the same re new body mounts for 2017. This makes total sense and is something many were pointing to last year re the buffeting and vibration issues. If this is true, this might finally be the fix.

Not sure if my 17 has different body mounts compared to the 15-16's. I've attached a picture of mine in case anyone with a 15 or 16 would like to compare to theirs.IMG_0207.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900