2017 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the 17. As more roll off the lot, I am very curious to see if the 17s have minor tweaks to improve some of the issues...buffeting, vibrations, harsh ride, etc.

Ralph Varick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Tahoe with a vibration ....They will not take it back claiming its a characteristic of the truck...How or why did they take your truck back...I would appreciate how you went about it...Did you go with the lemon law? Thanks

OP
OP
WCDENALI

WCDENALI

Reaction score
Congrats on the 17. As more roll off the lot, I am very curious to see if the 17s have minor tweaks to improve some of the issues...buffeting, vibrations, harsh ride, etc.

I've had my 17 Yukon XL for a couple weeks now and currently have about 600 miles on it. So far so good. Coming from my 15 Tahoe LTZ, I can easily tell the difference in the ride between the two. The 17 Yukon ride is smoother, quieter, and more comfortable! Some of this may be contributed to the upgrade from the shorty to the XL as well as going from an LTZ to a Denali, however I believe some of its from the two years GM has had to refine things.

So far I have no vibrations or buffeting issues and have been paying close attention as some on this forum have stated these issues started after a couple hundred miles.

I will keep everyone updated as I put more miles on my vehicle.

OP
OP
WCDENALI

WCDENALI

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Tahoe with a vibration ....They will not take it back claiming its a characteristic of the truck...How or why did they take your truck back...I would appreciate how you went about it...Did you go with the lemon law? Thanks

Hey Ralph, I feel your frustrations as I had to deal with GM for a year and a half before they agreed to repurchase my vehicle! My vehicle had a major electrical issues, which caused the nav screen and center console back lighting/buttons to flicker on and off and not operate. This would occur while driving down the road as well as whenever the vehicle was on. I also had several other issue, which I listed on another thread.

With that being said, keep at it and don't give up. I spent countless hours of my time going back and forth with GM until I was blue in the face. After consulting with an attorney and threatening the lemon Law route, GM finally agreed to the repurchase.

Now that I am done with my repurchase process with GM, I can tell you that they have the WORST customer service I have EVER experienced from ANY business I have dealt with. I can't understand how GM (who makes billions of dollars a year) has such a horrible customer service unit. Through my process, GM sent me two separate customer service surveys, which I filled out explaining my negative experience with GM and their poor customer service. Through those same surveys, I provided my information and authorized GM to contact me to follow up with both surveys......over a month later, I still haven't heard from GM.

This whole process left me not wanting to buy another GM vehicle out of protest. If it wasn't for my local GMC dealer helping me through the process and giving me a great deal on my Yukon XL, I don't think I would have gone GM with my new vehicle.

Sorry for the log rant. I wish you luck with the issues you are having with your vehicle.

If I can help you out or answer any of your questions, PM me your phone number and I can give you a call.

Good luck!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 17 Yukon XL for a couple weeks now and currently have about 600 miles on it. So far so good. Coming from my 15 Tahoe LTZ, I can easily tell the difference in the ride between the two. The 17 Yukon ride is smoother, quieter, and more comfortable! Some of this may be contributed to the upgrade from the shorty to the XL as well as going from an LTZ to a Denali, however I believe some of its from the two years GM has had to refine things.

So far I have no vibrations or buffeting issues and have been paying close attention as some on this forum have stated these issues started after a couple hundred miles.

Great to hear and definitely keep us posted.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't think the suspension has changed since 2015. But if the tires are the same, both have magnetic ride, then it's the XL. Others here have noted the same thing between short and long wheel base models (all types)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the suspension has changed since 2015. But if the tires are the same, both have magnetic ride, then it's the XL. Others here have noted the same thing between short and long wheel base models (all types)

I thought MRC suspensions got new shocks because owners complained the ride was crap, too rough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts