2011 Tahoe Z71 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to changing out the power seat switch for my drivers seat. The seat hasn't been able to move forward for awhile, but all other directions worked. Overall it was a pretty simple repair.

Originally I tried to leave the seat back adjustment handle attached and not pull the plastic cover all the way off, but I ended up just splitting the old switch apart.
Pa04MeF.jpg

Pulled the whole cover off to do it correctly. New switch installed:
OCaRb38.jpg

I'm about to hit 100k miles, so I also switched out the spark plugs and wires (except for the #8 plug which is impossible to reach) and cleaned off the MAF sensor. Old plugs were looking a little rough:

KRFna19.jpg

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever find out why rear window sprayer doesn't work anymore? Mine is doing the same and I honestly haven't even looked at it yet. I'd imagine it's simply clogged or toast.

Going through this old thread and randomly saw this comment. I'd kind of forgotten about the rear windshield sprayer until recently and finally got around to fixing it (almost 5 years later lol). Turns out the hose was just pulled out of a connection that was easily accessible under the hood. It was as simple as just plugging it back in.

The suspension still squeaks. No idea what's been causing it this whole time but it's just something I've mostly gotten used to.

The most recent issue I've run into is that my touchscreen stopped automatically displaying the backup camera when I switch to reverse for some reason, but I know that the camera still works. Thread on that issue is here: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/backup-camera-view-doesnt-display-in-reverse.146506/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts