Z71 Adventure Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlackBrud

BlackBrud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What LED headlight bulbs did you go with and how is the color temperature/beam pattern? You're right about the stock halogen headlights being pretty useless, so I too have thought about upgrading the lights. Any pics you have of the LED bulbs and beam pattern would be awesome!
I went with the Phillips UltinonSport H11 LED bulbs. They’re much better, and project a good distance. The beam pattern is clean and much more distinct than the halogen pattern. I have one good picture of the beam pattern:

IMG_1624.jpeg

SavageDad

Reaction score
I don't know if I brought this up before but are you thinking about adding pods or a light bar?

OP
OP
BlackBrud

BlackBrud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I brought this up before but are you thinking about adding pods or a light bar?
Yep! I had a friend give me some yellow LED lights, and I recently bought some ditch light brackets for them. I've never mounted lights in the hood/ditch location before, so depending on how much I use them, I may mount them on a license plate bracket or something similar. Let me know if you've got suggestions!

OP
OP
BlackBrud

BlackBrud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In other news, I've been taking it easy on the mods. I've been busy in life with a job change and some other things, but I'm excited to have spring so close and summer even closer.

I ended up replacing my mirrors with some escalade mirrors. I liked how much rear visibility the towing mirrors gave me, but I did not like the reduced side visibility. For example, if I pulled up to a righthand turn onto a busy road with a pedestrian walkway, it was very difficult to see around the passenger side mirror to check for pedestrians and u-turning vehicles.

The mirrors I found on ebay from a wrecked escalade - they cleaned up nicely, the blind spot monitors work, and I have power fold back!

Aside from that, my only plans at the moment are to finally get my full sized spare tire mounted, and to buy some new shocks before summer. Though I'm sure I'll find some more mods to fit in here and there :p

IMG_1805qq.jpg

SavageDad

Reaction score
Yep! I had a friend give me some yellow LED lights, and I recently bought some ditch light brackets for them. I've never mounted lights in the hood/ditch location before, so depending on how much I use them, I may mount them on a license plate bracket or something similar. Let me know if you've got suggestions!

I've looked at a few trucks that mounted pods above/adjacent to the wiper cowl, that's what I've been considering personally when I finally get around to adding lighting. Before that though I've been looking at light bars and trying to figure out unobtrusive mounting options.

Digging the mirrors though, they look really good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240315_115332_Walmart.jpg
    Screenshot_20240315_115332_Walmart.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
BlackBrud

BlackBrud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've looked at a few trucks that mounted pods above/adjacent to the wiper cowl, that's what I've been considering personally when I finally get around to adding lighting. Before that though I've been looking at light bars and trying to figure out unobtrusive mounting options.

Digging the mirrors though, they look really good.
Thanks! Yeah that’s the same location I bought brackets for. The just arrived, but it’s snowy and cold, so I’ll install them soon and will be sure to post info about the install here

SavageDad

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah that’s the same location I bought brackets for. The just arrived, but it’s snowy and cold, so I’ll install them soon and will be sure to post info about the install here
Y'all need to share the snow, 90% of Southern California hasn't seen a lick of snow this winter. It's in the 60s and breezy at the moment.

OP
OP
BlackBrud

BlackBrud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y'all need to share the snow, 90% of Southern California hasn't seen a lick of snow this winter. It's in the 60s and breezy at the moment.
I wish I could! The last storm gave us ~15" of super wet snow - we'll be drying out for a week!

SavageDad

Reaction score
I wish I could! The last storm gave us ~15" of super wet snow - we'll be drying out for a week!
We had a blizzard back in 07 I think it was when I was working traffic and streets for the county, spent the weekend at a shack up in the mountains dispatching for the plow trucks and the loaders out working the mountain towns, first and only time I've seen snow that could bury a man, first time I ever had to dig my truck out in the morning. Gotta say y'all living with it yearly are a different breed. I'll take my earthquakes and my dust storms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar