2011 Avalanche Build (Wrecked)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Here's a Flowmaster 44. No engine mods. I think he has long tubes. Sounds much better in person.

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it have a lower tone to it in person? Seems to have more of a poppy higher pitch kind of sound.

Reminds me of my old magnaflow set up on my old truck

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I went with a Jones full boar muffler JPF300... I am happy with the results but I didn't want "mud truck" loud.

I still have cats and kept the resonator so there is no drone.

rps20180515_111108_040.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Does it have a lower tone to it in person? Seems to have more of a poppy higher pitch kind of sound.

Reminds me of my old magnaflow set up on my old truck
It does. It's really hard to get the true sound from a video. It does have a nice deep throaty sound.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that with just replacing the muffler? I am kind of thinking about literally cutting out the stock muffler and welding in a new one. Leaving everything else.

I like that Carven TR. The Magnaflow 12589 is a tried-and-true choice as well. It's a single center in/single offset out so it's the same configuration as the stock muffler. Just cut out the stocker and weld in the aftermarket. You may need a small piece of pipe or two if the aftermarket muffler is shorter than the stock one, but that's pretty much all there is to it. Replacing the pipes won't make any difference so why buy them if yours aren't rusted or damaged?

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that Carven TR. The Magnaflow 12589 is a tried-and-true choice as well. It's a single center in/single offset out so it's the same configuration as the stock muffler. Just cut out the stocker and weld in the aftermarket. You may need a small piece of pipe or two if the aftermarket muffler is shorter than the stock one, but that's pretty much all there is to it. Replacing the pipes won't make any difference so why buy them if yours aren't rusted or damaged?
Good point. I was looking at a flowmaster super 40 single in/out. May be worth giving it a shot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan