2011 Avalanche Build (Wrecked)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a little update...

I spoke with the department of revenue last week and the title should have been mailed out last wed or thurs. If that is the case, it could be here as early as today! Only thing that I have left to do is install the 2 lower bumper support brackets. After that, I will get my new keys and fobs programmed (once I can "legally" drive it) and I will be good to go!

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Title made it in today!

I should be meeting with a guy this evening to sell my current ride. As long as he does not back out, I will be in the Avalanche tomorrow!

I called the tag office and I have to pay $1200 in tax/tag/title fees. Outrageous!

They tax us here in GA (not sure if they do it everywhere) 6.5% of what the state values your vehicle at. GA thinks that my Avalanche is worth just over $16k. You can appeal it, which I intend to since I only paid $5400 for a SALVAGE vehicle, but I have not heard of anything having any luck with doing so.

Even so, after everything is said and done, after paynig the taxes and EVERYTHING that have done thus far, I should be in it foR under $8K.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job getting this thing where it's at right now and titled in your name!!! You've done great just getting it to where it's at now. Now that it's ready to be a DD do you have any more plans for it as far as modifications and stuff?

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job getting this thing where it's at right now and titled in your name!!! You've done great just getting it to where it's at now. Now that it's ready to be a DD do you have any more plans for it as far as modifications and stuff?
Yes, I do . In time though. I have put a decent amount of cash in this project and need time to recoup lol.

I mainly want COI, exhaust and a black bear tune

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Title made it in today!

I should be meeting with a guy this evening to sell my current ride. As long as he does not back out, I will be in the Avalanche tomorrow!

I called the tag office and I have to pay $1200 in tax/tag/title fees. Outrageous!

They tax us here in GA (not sure if they do it everywhere) 6.5% of what the state values your vehicle at. GA thinks that my Avalanche is worth just over $16k. You can appeal it, which I intend to since I only paid $5400 for a SALVAGE vehicle, but I have not heard of anything having any luck with doing so.

Even so, after everything is said and done, after paynig the taxes and EVERYTHING that have done thus far, I should be in it foR under $8K.
For that price they should give you a clean title.

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score
Title made it in today!

When I was given a '70 C10 from a cousin in NC (shortbed, stepside, stripper with no options), they tried to value it at $12,500 saying it was a "panel truck" or "sedan delivery" or something. I appealed and won, they decided to value it at like $6500 as a "farm truck". I live in North Ga btw, so you might have a chance with the appeal.

You've done a great job with the truck BTW, looks good!

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was given a '70 C10 from a cousin in NC (shortbed, stepside, stripper with no options), they tried to value it at $12,500 saying it was a "panel truck" or "sedan delivery" or something. I appealed and won, they decided to value it at like $6500 as a "farm truck". I live in North Ga btw, so you might have a chance with the appeal.

You've done a great job with the truck BTW, looks good!
Thanks!

Hopefully my appeal will go through. I am paying only a third of what they value it at lol

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a question for gas mileage...What should I expect to be getting in this truck? I have filled it up and reset all fuel counters and averages. Shows only 330 miles to E though...That would only be like 10 mpg...Do I need to drive it for a while for that to update? It showed 330 BEFORE I reset all the fuel information...

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So a question for gas mileage...What should I expect to be getting in this truck? I have filled it up and reset all fuel counters and averages. Shows only 330 miles to E though...That would only be like 10 mpg...Do I need to drive it for a while for that to update? It showed 330 BEFORE I reset all the fuel information...
Depends on how heavy your foot is...12-18 would be the norm i would say... low end if around town, high end if mostly highway..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission