2011 Avalanche Build (Wrecked)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 05 trailblazer, if there were any codes showing, the cruise control would not work, not sure if this holds true for you Avy.

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the cruise was not working before the light and warning messages came on. Not sure if that matters or not.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have read so many different things that people claim have fixed it. bad gas. Misfire. MAF sensor was loose. Low brake fluid. I am going to see if I can get my hands on a nice scanner tool. That will probably speed up the process a bit. Hopefully so anyways...
Exactly! It's been a huge pet peeve for me during my ownership of the '07 to the point I just ignore the message and pretend it's not there while I track down the root cause. Get a scanner tool on it and see what codes it might be throwing and go from there. Could literally be a million things that could cause those messages to pop up

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly! It's been a huge pet peeve for me during my ownership of the '07 to the point I just ignore the message and pretend it's not there while I track down the root cause. Get a scanner tool on it and see what codes it might be throwing and go from there. Could literally be a million things that could cause those messages to pop up
I intend on letting it ride until I find time to fix it. If that is the only issue that I have, I think I am in pretty good shape! lol

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from the body shop...

Paint will be done tomorrow and ready to be picked up. I will be sure to snap a few pictures of the finished product. Well, almost finished. I still intend on replacing the hood later on down the road, but The one that is on it now will due for right now.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove the Avalanche to the body shop today to get the new parts painted. On the way, the "Traction Control Off" and "Service Stabilitrak" notifications come up. Also noticed that the cruise control was not working. Any ideas on what that could be?

Wheel/speed sensor maybe?

Did you run a scan and pull codes for these?

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet. I dropped it off at the body shot on Monday and the light came on while I was on my way there. Once I get it back, I will hook up a scanner to it and see what it says.

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Thanks! Hopefully i will have the new title in by the end of next week. I won't hold my breath though. The state likes to take their time.....
Sounds like Alabama. They took 2 months just to tell me I couldn't get a title for my 91 Yukon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuzzycraig