2006 Denali Build (Starboy's DENIAL)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StarboyChad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I have recently acquired a 2006 Denali with 120,000 miles. It has some minor issues (paint faded, ugly chrome 17 inch wheels and a couple of mechanical issues). I cant really complain, considering it was given to me. Anyway, I have been doing a few small, and cheap, modifications to it and I am going to keep track of my progress on here. I would love any comments and will answer any questions if anyone has any. Thanks everyone.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good man! We like lots of pics here! Looks like your truck is close in exterior color to mine! 120k is nothing on these rigs! Welcome! I have the same spectre I take you have as well! I like it a lot!

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I have recently acquired a 2006 Denali with 120,000 miles. It has some minor issues (paint faded, ugly chrome 17 inch wheels and a couple of mechanical issues). I cant really complain, considering it was given to me. Anyway, I have been doing a few small, and cheap, modifications to it and I am going to keep track of my progress on here. I would love any comments and will answer any questions if anyone has any. Thanks everyone.

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Nice color suv. Well, technically I'm biased because mine is also silver Birch.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
:welcome:
Sound's like a nice ride , and can't beat the price. Good year and great miles, 120k ain't nothin on these.
Nice work on the engine cover, gotta tell us how you did it :deal:

Also moar pics:popcorn:

OP
OP
StarboyChad

StarboyChad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:welcome:
Sound's like a nice ride , and can't beat the price. Good year and great miles, 120k ain't nothin on these.
Nice work on the engine cover, gotta tell us how you did it :deal:

Also moar pics:popcorn:

Engine cover was done completely with PlastiDip. I started by washing all the pieces and then wiping them all down with a degreaser. I then started with a white base coat to act as a primer. I sprayed 4 coats of white, with about 20 minutes of flash time between each. Then I started spraying the Blaze Blue PlastiDip. I ended up doing 5 coats of blue with the same 20 minute flash time. I let the blue dry for an hour and then I used a black paint marker to accent the vents and wording on the covers. After all had cured for another hour, I sprayed 3 coats of the White Pearlizer over all of it.

I appreciate all the comments so far. I really enjoy this rig. Can't wait to get a little more done to it.

OP
OP
StarboyChad

StarboyChad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome. How's the interior looking? It'd be amazing if the driver seat isn't torn. Any exterior shots?

Seats are in great condition. No rips, tears, or anything. Paint is coming off on the center console (around the cd changer and cup holder area). I'm going to get some pictures taken today to upload. I had several on my old phone and lost them after switching phones.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Seats are in great condition. No rips, tears, or anything. Paint is coming off on the center console (around the cd changer and cup holder area). I'm going to get some pictures taken today to upload. I had several on my old phone and lost them after switching phones.
That's a common area with the console peeling.

OP
OP
StarboyChad

StarboyChad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
20171213_130724.jpg 20171213_130718.jpg 20171213_130735.jpg 20171213_132453.jpg 20171213_130747.jpg

Here are some shots of the interior that was asked about. The driver's seat does have a little more wear than the rest (as should be expected), but it doesn't have the tears and rips that I would have expected. I have two little ones, hence the trash and hair bows, but I just picked up some carpet cleaner and leather conditioner, so I am about to tear into that project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohccammer427