2006 Denali Build (Starboy's DENIAL)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope. my turn signal lights were just chrome/clear ones from eBay that i baked open and customized to match the anzo look.

the C-Bar LED/Neon tails are nice. i thought about those as well but I had issues running LED tails on mine. It threw my brake switch into chaos and disabled my cruise control so i switched back to halogen tails. but maybe i just got a bad set of LED tails. who knows
I’ve had an interesting run with LED tail lights. Love the concept just not the execution haha. I bought a really nice looking set of c-bar style leds that we’re supposed to have resistors built in, and they just plugged into the halogen sockets. Total garbage. They looked cool and the lenses were a lightly smoked red color that I really liked. But they didn’t have resistors built in, so it screwed my cruise control up. Plus each side was wired to operate differently. So dumb. I ended up getting a refund on them. Ordered a slightly different style, still LED but the C-bar is like a little rubber tubing bordering the LEDs. I like it. It’s backlight red and acts as a running light at night and gets brighter with brake lights. It has resistors built into the assemblies, and plugs into the main brake light harness down low behind the rear bumper and works perfectly. Buts it’s starting to wear out after only like 8 months. Some of the tubing shows little breaks in the red that move around. Kinda annoying. The LED portion of light works perfect though. Probably gonna have to order new ones. The C-bar style so far isn’t very reliable unfortunately. Great idea though. Something to look out for if you’re considering LED tails.

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I’ve had an interesting run with LED tail lights. Love the concept just not the execution haha. I bought a really nice looking set of c-bar style leds that we’re supposed to have resorts built in, and they just plugged into the halogen sockets. Total garbage. They looked cool and the kens were a lightly smoked color that I really liked. But they didn’t have resistors built in, so it screwed my cruise control up. Plus each side was wired to operate differently. So dumb. I ended up getting a refund on them. Ordered a slightly different style, still LED but the C-bar is like a little rubber tubing bordering the LEDs. I like it. It’s backlight red and acts as a running light at night and gets tighter with brake lights. It has resistors built into the assemblies, and plugs into the main brake light harness down low behind the rear bumper and works perfectly. Buts it’s starting to wear out after only like 8 months. Some of the tubing shows little breaks in the red that move around. Kinda annoying. The LED portion of light works perfect though. Probably gonna have to order new ones. The C-bar style so far isn’t very reliable unfortunately. Great idea though. Something to look out for if you’re considering LED tails.
My cousin has the C bar style on his Silverado. Curious to see how they perform later on.
But personally I'm loving my halogen tails :gr_grin:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck. That console paint always comes off. Somewhere towards the front of my build thread I detailed how I repainted mine. Scrubbing Bubbles for the leather works miracles like mentioned, followed by conditioner to restore the moisture. Good job so far.

Ordo 87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice and yea those wheels gotta go. Even stock 17s would look better lol.
Looks in damn good shape from the pics, definitely well taken care of from the previous owner.
I like the black accents you've done.
Wouldn't be much to take off the grille a paint the two cross beams black, or even plastidip.

Totally agree on the wheels needing to go.
I have the same year (06) Yukon. After I did the engine work, intake and exhaust, the tires and wheels were the very next thing to get addressed.
I went with a basic steel, D window gloss black then painted the center caps and put on black lug nuts. I also did a level on my Yukon with the Supreme Suspensions 1"-3" Kit for front and back. This allowed me to fit 34/10.5 BFG AT KO2's very easily.

33m0aic.jpg
[/IMG]
This pic is after the supreme suspension lift, prior to installing some 2" inch lift blocks in the back.
Don't quite have a updated pic after the rear lift.
I will post some after I wash it!

I also upgraded the headlights and tail lights to led, the front with halos and smoked lens.

OP
OP
StarboyChad

StarboyChad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks so much for all the kind words everyone. I'm going to pick up some scrubbing bubbles for the seats, and some paint for my next project. Will post it up as I get started on it.

OP
OP
StarboyChad

StarboyChad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I've been gone for a while since I have been dealing with some stuff at home, but I do have an update to the build. It is minor, but I love it! I got my new bumper lights in. Clear lens, black backing. LEDs installed with switchback turn signals. They look great, IMO. Now my factory Nav screen is acting up, so I will be purchasing something else to replace it with.

20180125_191446.jpg 20180125_191343.jpg 20180125_191348.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Well, I've been gone for a while since I have been dealing with some stuff at home, but I do have an update to the build. It is minor, but I love it! I got my new bumper lights in. Clear lens, black backing. LEDs installed with switchback turn signals. They look great, IMO. Now my factory Nav screen is acting up, so I will be purchasing something else to replace it with.

View attachment 192296 View attachment 192297 View attachment 192298
Love the switchbacks. Was one of my first mods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep