2006 Denali Build (Starboy's DENIAL)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome! looks like you got a great vehicle to start with. Interior definitely looks good and 120k is low mileage if you ask me

more pics. exterior :)

OP
OP
StarboyChad

StarboyChad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
20171213_134356.jpg 20171213_134404.jpg 20171213_134421.jpg 20171213_134434.jpg 20171213_134443.jpg

Here are some exterior shots. It's been really cold, lately, so she could use a good wash. You can see the few small things I have done to the exterior, so far. I tinted the DRL/Turn Signal lights dark, the amber portions of the headlights really dark and a very light tint on the tails. I used some left over flat black vinyl to wrap the front and rear GMC logos, black paint marker for the YUKON and DENALI badges, and PlastiDip'd the center of the grill black. I am looking into aftermarket headlights/taillights, but this was my solution until I've decided which ones I want.

OP
OP
StarboyChad

StarboyChad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looks to be in pretty good condition. congrats!
Thanks. Paint is rough, so I'm planning a two tone scheme to overcome that. BTW, been reading through your build, and absolutely love yours! How do you like those Anzo headlights? Those are the ones that I have fallen in love with.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Paint is rough, so I'm planning a two tone scheme to overcome that. BTW, been reading through your build, and absolutely love yours! How do you like those Anzo headlights? Those are the ones that I have fallen in love with.

thanks for the kind words. not long ago mine pretty much looked just like yours. all the info you need is on this forum and a lot of good people here.

re: the Anzo's: they are awesome and very well made. they cost more than i wanted to spend on headlights but sometimes in life, it's worth it. the u-bars give them a bit of an evil look and go good with the chrome surround on my grille. They also make them in chrome. anyways, i love them. i just wish they made a tail light that was equally as cool.

OP
OP
StarboyChad

StarboyChad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for the kind words. not long ago mine pretty much looked just like yours. all the info you need is on this forum and a lot of good people here.

re: the Anzo's: they are awesome and very well made. they cost more than i wanted to spend on headlights but sometimes in life, it's worth it. the u-bars give them a bit of an evil look and go good with the chrome surround on my grille. They also make them in chrome. anyways, i love them. i just wish they made a tail light that was equally as cool.

I agree, they are pricey, but I feel like they would really be worth it. Are the bumper (DRL/Turn Signal) lenses by Anzo, as well? They look like they line up and match the style really well. I haven't seen any that match the style like yours. On the tail light, I really like what you did with yours. 100% custom, won't ever see anyone else with any just like them. I'm looking into the smoked C-Bar style led tails. I think they will complement the U-bar style in the headlight.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, they are pricey, but I feel like they would really be worth it. Are the bumper (DRL/Turn Signal) lenses by Anzo, as well? They look like they line up and match the style really well. I haven't seen any that match the style like yours. On the tail light, I really like what you did with yours. 100% custom, won't ever see anyone else with any just like them. I'm looking into the smoked C-Bar style led tails. I think they will complement the U-bar style in the headlight.

nope. my turn signal lights were just chrome/clear ones from eBay that i baked open and customized to match the anzo look.

the C-Bar LED/Neon tails are nice. i thought about those as well but I had issues running LED tails on mine. It threw my brake switch into chaos and disabled my cruise control so i switched back to halogen tails. but maybe i just got a bad set of LED tails. who knows

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice and yea those wheels gotta go. Even stock 17s would look better lol.
Looks in damn good shape from the pics, definitely well taken care of from the previous owner.
I like the black accents you've done.
Wouldn't be much to take off the grille a paint the two cross beams black, or even plastidip.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
To really get your leather seats clean, you can use Scrubbing Bubbles, then use leather conditioner. Comes out amazing. Gets all that ground in dirt out.

OP
OP
StarboyChad

StarboyChad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice and yea those wheels gotta go. Even stock 17s would look better lol.
Looks in damn good shape from the pics, definitely well taken care of from the previous owner.
I like the black accents you've done.
Wouldn't be much to take off the grille a paint the two cross beams black, or even plastidip.

That's first thing I said when I got it. "These wheels have got to go." And I had the grill off to plastidip the center part. Didn't realize those beams would be so noticeable until after reassembly. lol. And thanks for the comments on the black. I think it helps break it up just enough.

To really get your leather seats clean, you can use Scrubbing Bubbles, then use leather conditioner. Comes out amazing. Gets all that ground in dirt out.

I will have to try that. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9