05Single's virgin build thread. 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I thought you had to use HEAT to remove bolts with Yellow loctite.

Impact or my tried and true bfp

I may be wrong about the yellow. I just had a memory of seeing it. Might have been on the Ferd, too.

There are tons of different kinds /strengths. Enough that color isn't the end all be all. Red 271 vs 272, etc. Yellow may be an assembly line thing t,oo. I got mine out using the old two wrench trick, no problem.

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
I may be wrong about the yellow. I just had a memory of seeing it. Might have been on the Ferd, too.

There are tons of different kinds /strengths. Enough that color isn't the end all be all. Red 271 vs 272, etc. Yellow may be an assembly line thing t,oo. I got mine out using the old two wrench trick, no problem.

Nah, doesn't look like you're wrong..... looks like yellow probably is assembly line grade like you said.

According to their website, red is the one you have to remove w/ heat...

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/10/15/t_lkr_red/overview/Loctite-Threadlocker-Red-271.htm

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Well answer me this , what’s the torque specs on the caliper bolts ? It’s not much I don’t think, 100lbs? Found all sorts of numbers online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
payneml