05Alive's 2005 Denali Resuscitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a weird one: I did the "escalade" antenna mod a while back (really just laid the antenna along the fender and put the stock piece back in) and got no/extremely poor signal driving around. I figured it was because the antenna was down, and no biggie because I always listen to my phone anyway.

But weirdly, I discovered while sitting in the parking lot, that I get perfectly clear signal in park, but it goes to straight static when I shift out of park. No moving, sitting in the same space, I move the gear selector and the signal goes to straight static. I tested it a few times to be sure.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Were you in one of those enclosed or parking deck deals-- where there's alot of steel around? I've had a similar experience, but it was a long time ago. I'd think with all the steel around, it would help pull the signal in. Not sure about putting it in gear tho.

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you in one of those enclosed or parking deck deals-- where there's alot of steel around? I've had a similar experience, but it was a long time ago. I'd think with all the steel around, it would help pull the signal in. Not sure about putting it in gear tho.
Nope, in an open parking lot. Did the same thing parked on the street.

not even moving- foot on the brake, shift from P to R,N, or D and it goes to static.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Nope, in an open parking lot. Did the same thing parked on the street.

not even moving- foot on the brake, shift from P to R,N, or D and it goes to static.
Sounds like its picking up some interference from the truck, mine would sound like people on the radio were underwater when I would go through the car wash.

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score

:hmm:

The kit, shocks and the spohn stuff alone are like 2k. I was just looking at some videos to see how they installed the rear springs, and it's easier than I thought. IDK if I can go 4-6 and still make it up the dune to get onto the beach.

Tim's has a 2" rear kit, Tony has a 3-4" rear kit for less. Thinking I could do the 3-4 and decrank a little in the front. :hmm:
If I ever want to go 2/3, 2/4, 3/4, it's only the front stuff I'd need.

Every 6 months or so I say I'm going to lower it for sure but it never materializes :rofl:

Gotta go up to Robertson's and try to find some drug dealer's wrecked/shot up SUV and get the wheels. Maybe that would convince me to finally drop it. Last summer they had a set of black 24's with tires for 500 bucks but I never jumped on it.

Wonder If I could fit 33x12.5r24 comforsers under a 2/3?

Last edited:
OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how the sidemarkers come on? I was going to throw a couple of the 5 million 194s I have in my glovebox in there, but I’m not even seeing how they come on. Now both bulbs may be burned out but they don’t come on with the headlights or parking lights.

I need to get switchbacks for it at some point. Get that all white light front going on.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Anybody know how the sidemarkers come on? I was going to throw a couple of the 5 million 194s I have in my glovebox in there, but I’m not even seeing how they come on. Now both bulbs may be burned out but they don’t come on with the headlights or parking lights.

I need to get switchbacks for it at some point. Get that all white light front going on.
194's should come on with the parking lights/headlights, iirc.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure they come on with park and heads but i don’t remember if they blink tho... been a long time. Those little crap ass bulbs are the first to blow... may be a toss up between them and the drls