05Alive's 2005 Denali Resuscitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re talking the truck, yes that’s the plan.
Going to fix the billet grille that’s loose and paint the grille surround. Either all black, or leave the chrome ring like on the obs that guy with the sbm denali did. Now it’s black and blue with a stripe.

Just like this but in black.
Looks awesome, way better than all black.
d30.jpg
d32.jpg

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to NY
NY does the cams too? Damn.

I might get the tint all done, then steal the windows off my plow truck for inspection. Windshield I'll just have to settle for a 6" strip or paying 150 every year to retitnt it.
I need the windshield replaced so I'm not going to touch it for now.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have cams for years... the scared guys use them other guys dont... it'll last a year or two until big brother stops looking. But jan 2017 new updated law came out in NY ON the tint law and they have to meter everything or fail. Always had a tint law but never enforced it too hard. Unless you were a stupid kid in a white 79 monte carlo doing 90 mph thru town;). But now they are cracking down because of cops getting shot through dark tinted windows. Its ok, i agree with it. Fwiw, i tint myself now.... its only 2 fronts, i keep the windshield strip on, and pull the tint on side windows get inspected and retint... ill take the ticket.

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have cams for years... the scared guys use them other guys dont... it'll last a year or two until big brother stops looking. But jan 2017 new updated law came out in NY ON the tint law and they have to meter everything or fail. Always had a tint law but never enforced it too hard. Unless you were a stupid kid in a white 79 monte carlo doing 90 mph thru town;). But now they are cracking down because of cops getting shot through dark tinted windows. Its ok, i agree with it. Fwiw, i tint myself now.... its only 2 fronts, i keep the windshield strip on, and pull the tint on side windows get inspected and retint... ill take the ticket.

Ticket doesn't bother me, just getting it inspected in the first place is bothersome. I don't get hassled for tint, especially on the SUV you wouldn't notice how dark it is unless it's metered. My dad has the same tint on a pickup and looks way darker. I'll take my chances with jake and enjoy the darker, cooler, interior and privacy.

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DS front brake and power steering had a few hiccups this morning.

As in the line or caliper puked brake fluid everywhere and I've got manual steering now.
96z67l.jpg
2wokjte.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DS front brake and power steering had a few hiccups this morning.

As in the line or caliper puked brake fluid everywhere and I've got manual steering now.
96z67l.jpg
2wokjte.jpg
Only it's worse than manual steering. That sucks.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I could barely turn the wheel.

These trucks are hydroboost, any chance the brakes and PS failing at once are related?
Yep. If one goes so does the other since the brakes use the power steering pump (hydraulic aka hydro) for extra pressure. The systems are tied together.

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up being a pinhole from corrosion on the PS cooler. Small little loop with fins to the drivers side of the radiator.
Leaking like crazy out of it, lost all PS fluid, so the hydroboost wasn't working.

Like an 85 dollar fix, and now I can steer and stop again.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ended up being a pinhole from corrosion on the PS cooler. Small little loop with fins to the drivers side of the radiator.
Leaking like crazy out of it, lost all PS fluid, so the hydroboost wasn't working.

Like an 85 dollar fix, and now I can steer and stop again.
Good, that’s important while driving..;)