05Alive's 2005 Denali Resuscitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to run this thing into the ground, so I might as well document it.

2005 Yukon Denali.
Got it completely stock with somewhere around 260,000 miles
I lost a lot of my old photos, but here's one I managed to pull from an old thread.
8f44cf889e095696c0551693a23d3a93.jpg

First thing I did was pull the running boards off, then the trim. They were in rough shape and had some gouges from being daily'd in New England for 10 years. I still might clean them up and put them back on.
27e7f7ec02aec86c8d2feea3e41868ff.jpg
A couple weeks later I cranked it up because I was bored and tired of the decent ride :bleh:
IMG_2881_zps4iroivzu.jpg
It sat like that for quite a while, until I decided to see what amazon had for discount products.
The grille chrome is peeling and the shell is cracked, so I really didn't ruin a perfect grille by cutting it out.
3a906194-f974-45c6-973f-9b1ed122ec08_zpsxxa8dxdq.png

And that's how it sits now, dirty and rusting. A little over 292,000 miles

Most of the time and effort on this has been replacing worn out parts.

Everyday I seem to change my mind on what I want to do with it. It needs paint work, rockers, a few dents fixed, an alignment, I need to realign the front body panels, I think my core support is bent. I need to rebuild the drivers seat. The clear coat is peeling on the wheels and they are curbed, I need to strip and repair them. Lots of little things to do. Eventually it will get something cool done to it, no idea what it is yet.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Leave it as is but bag it to lay frame. Spend nothing on paint or other mods

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denali has been sitting, not risking a ticket for the inspection sticker because I already got a warning. It's only a year and a half past due. Needs the rockers fixed to get a sticker. Might do some other minor bodywork while it's down for that.
Got a set of lightly used Toyo At's that I might put on the stocks.

Been doing work on the (formerly) polished aluminum wheels for the plow truck, it's turning out to be much much more than I bargained for but I can't leave two wheels semi polished and two wheels almost black from pitting and brake dust.
I thought about trying to restore the finish on my stocks but I need to find a better way to do it than wet sanding and hand polishing.

It'll be some time before I can dig into the Denali, I have a huge job I just started at work plus a bunch of work on trucks in the yard.

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't abandon this thread, I've just been busy.
Haven't taken truck pics. Took off the denali badges (peeling) and the yukon badge, just left the gmc. Looks good IMO. Need to repaint paint the trim and steps, then back on. Barely drive it because it has no sticker. I need to fix the rockers still and my windshield.

Got it tinted a few weeks ago, just the front rollups to match the back.

Debating getting a full size spare, my friend has a denali wheel he is looking to unload.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
It's all good , we didn't miss you lol

So what size spare is on there ? 16"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh