05Alive's 2005 Denali Resuscitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Four down, like 16 more to go!
Bought a bulk pack of 194’s, I think I have 4 more places that take those, but it’s cold and wet and I really don’t want to be doing the bumper lights or plate lights right now. I’ll use the rest eventually.

66a20f2eabf944d00e0b95e2c783ba1a.jpg
29fd7791adf56591560cadcffe437337.jpg

Did the map lights and courtesy lights today.

Gotta order festoons for the dome lights, even though I read like 40 times they needed 42mm festoons I still thought they were 194s.

Looks dumb when the lights come on and the front is 6k and the rears are yellow.

ETA: Wow, that picture quality is horrible.
Colormatch colormatch colormatch...

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lights? Yeah yeah yeah, I need to order more leds.

If you’re talking the truck, yes that’s the plan.
Going to fix the billet grille that’s loose and paint the grille surround. Either all black, or leave the chrome ring like on the obs that guy with the sbm denali did. Now it’s black and blue with a stripe.

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you do the courtesy lights in the door?

Popped them out with a flathead screw driver. I gently pried from the red side end, because the other end has tabs on it.

One it’s out, you kind of just wiggle and pull on the black plug, and the bulb and plug come out of the housing and you can remove the bulb from the connection.

I had to shave a little off the opening in the housing because my leds are kind big. There was a very fine lip that a razor blade shaved right off.

Then I just worked the bulbs in, connected the plug again, and reinserted them into the doors.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Popped them out with a flathead screw driver. I gently pried from the red side end, because the other end has tabs on it.

One it’s out, you kind of just wiggle and pull on the black plug, and the bulb and plug come out of the housing and you can remove the bulb from the connection.

I had to shave a little off the opening in the housing because my leds are kind big. There was a very fine lip that a razor blade shaved right off.

Then I just worked the bulbs in, connected the plug again, and reinserted them into the doors.
Yep I remember having to enlarge the opening on mine too.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I had to do that with mine but now they’re loose.... they wiggle. Lol

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh oh.
My dad just got denied at what used to be "the place" for inspections because he has his fronts matched to the rears.
My friend also got denied there because he has fat cheater slicks on his truck that stick out like 1/4 inch on each side.
MA switched over to a new system with live cameras at inspection stations and it's scaring people off from letting anything even remotely questionable in. Stations won't inspect you if you roll the windows down and pull the fuse. (we tried that)

I was planning on going darker and getting shield tint this summer. Looks like a no-go for now. I think I have a new spot to go, but I will talk to the guy and see before I go in. I have until the end of August I think to find a spot.

One of my door LED's fell out because they're massive and don't clip in anymore, looks like I'll be borrowing mom's hot glue gun when I'm home next weekend. It's an easy fix but it's probably going to happen again so might as well fix it.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh oh.
My dad just got denied at what used to be "the place" for inspections because he has his fronts matched to the rears.
My friend also got denied there because he has fat cheater slicks on his truck that stick out like 1/4 inch on each side.
MA switched over to a new system with live cameras at inspection stations and it's scaring people off from letting anything even remotely questionable in. Stations won't inspect you if you roll the windows down and pull the fuse. (we tried that)

I was planning on going darker and getting shield tint this summer. Looks like a no-go for now. I think I have a new spot to go, but I will talk to the guy and see before I go in. I have until the end of August I think to find a spot.

One of my door LED's fell out because they're massive and don't clip in anymore, looks like I'll be borrowing mom's hot glue gun when I'm home next weekend. It's an easy fix but it's probably going to happen again so might as well fix it.
Welcome to NY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right