ZZ4 Cam & More Install!! :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
autolover3

autolover3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Torque is what I'm more aimed at anyways to get the beast movin.

And with power I'm hoping for around ~350 hp crank, and ~425 torque. You guys think a 100 hp increase is possible from all this? I've read the intake manifold is the limiting factor with the spider assembly being in the manifold and non upgradeable injectors, unless you wanna spend mad cash. But other than that I think I'm on the right track. Exhaust is done, Intake (besides manifold), heads and cam, only other thing would be stroker.... or convert to carb which I won't do to this.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would probably be close to 100 with a good tune. I got almost 100 with mine.

OP
OP
autolover3

autolover3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Blackbear traditional tune, I had emailed them and asked if they have any experience with the ZZ4 and they have done a good number of them so I'm hoping I will have a good starting point. This summer once I get money flowing again I might pay a little extra to do their scan cable tune to get a more custom map for my mods.

Damn college.. :okay2:

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel you on the college part lol. I just graduated last spring with my tech degree.

OP
OP
autolover3

autolover3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I'm in my second year at NDSCS and will be doing a 3rd year of diesel and heavy duty applications for the master tech program. And than possibly another year at Northwest Technical College in Bemidji MN for high performance engine machinist.

Can never know too much! :)

Chezoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to watch your build closely, I may go down the same road as you next year when I get my bonus from work. What do you have in it total if I can ask?

OP
OP
autolover3

autolover3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh I got my receipts somewhere. Ill gather em and give you and estimate. Most has been ordered through summit and other small things through our school parts room.

Also im not paying for labor and machining im doing. Machine shop bill is charged to my RO for class.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see you don't have a camlock plate, I too like to live dangerously! LOL

OP
OP
autolover3

autolover3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But basils! I put a little red threadlock mo-jo booster on my bolts sometimes! ;) haha

In seriousness a cam lock plate would have been a good idea though :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts