Zeus has Arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
I got the same rims on my White '22 RST and love them, but the bow tie isn't black on them like I thought it would be. Did you purchase black ones or dip them yourself? Was changing them difficult?
Purchased the caps from Amazon. See the attached pic. Taking the old ones off took a bit of “McGuvering” to say the least. Ultimately got gorilla glue tape, created a mini makeshift tape handle attached to the cap, and by ripping it off the center cap popped off…eventually. Took a few tries but it worked. Saw the idea on YouTube.

The black caps make the wheels look 100x better imo.

Attachments

• 53CEDEBD-D849-4FDB-82CC-9BD2FD74B2C8.jpeg
    53CEDEBD-D849-4FDB-82CC-9BD2FD74B2C8.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 10

Crzylgs

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you! Those do look great!

You were able to do that from the front? Or did you have to have the rim off the vehicle?

It doesn't look like those fit 22" rims. Can you confirm if that is what you installed these on?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you! Those do look great!

You were able to do that from the front? Or did you have to have the rim off the vehicle?

It doesn't look like those fit 22" rims. Can you confirm if that is what you installed these on?
Did it from the front with very strong tape. A suction cup is also an approach I’ve seen online.

I have the upgraded black 22” Chevy wheels. They fit.

Last edited:

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It actually does have 50% windshield tint as well my friend. ;-)
Ok now I can tell, I think I need get my new Silverado done then, that doesn’t look too dark at all. My wife doesn’t want her Tahoe done she’s worried about a ticket. I’m into the white/chrome/black combo now so I think I’ll get mine done too. This pic is with 20%. My wife’s was 20% as well. 4D9FF5CA-8961-4F0A-B524-4C930C1EB799.jpegE9512FB5-8B99-463B-BAEA-14CBD7B0C5D2.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
Ok now I can tell, I think I need get my new Silverado done then, that doesn’t look too dark at all. My wife doesn’t want her Tahoe done she’s worried about a ticket. I’m into the white/chrome/black combo now so I think I’ll get mine done too. This pic is with 20%. My wife’s was 20% as well. View attachment 369131View attachment 369132
I’m 20% all around and 50% on the windshield. In person and outside it actually looks really great but not so dark anyone would pull you over. I’ve had it on my last 3 trucks and will never not get it done in the future. So necessary for us big front window drivers. Heat difference alone is substantial.

Ps - love the truck…but just white and black would be on point imo.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m 20% all around and 50% on the windshield. In person and outside it actually looks really great but not so dark anyone would pull you over. I’ve had it on my last 3 trucks and will never not get it done in the future. So necessary for us big front window drivers. Heat difference alone is substantial.

Ps - love the truck…but just white and black would be on point imo.
I actually prefer the white AT4 looks over mine but the only gmc dealer is like an hour from me and my chevy dealer is 15 minutes away and they take really good care of our vehicles so I stuck with that. Just wanted different 22” chrome rims but I had zero options unless I go aftermarket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne