Z71 Springs and 3" Spacer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a set of Z71 springs from another member and went to go install them with the new 3" spacer I got as well. This is where I ran into a problem. I took out the stock springs with the 1.5 spacer with ease. I had the shocks unbolted and sway bar. I proceeded to unscrew the brake line hanger too to give me more room. I went to put the Z71 spring and 3" spacer in. I couldn't get them in together. It looked like the ABS lines coming off of the rear differiental couldn't stretch any further. So I decided to just use the stock spring instead and it fit without much force. It's hard to believe that 1 coil is what is keeping me from being able to complete this mod. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the rear any lower so I can do it? Thanks

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know why it won't work...the cst lift kit comes with 3" spacers. Guy told me on the phone it works with everything stock. Idk how true that is tho. Maybe the lower control arms are what is keeping you from getting more droop to install

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I had to stuff my z71 springs in with my 2" spacer without disconnecting the shocks but removed the sway bar. I did the spring swap with my longer 5100s installed. You can get them in using a spring compressor but you have to watch the rear brake lines because 3" is very near the max of the lines. With my 2" spacers I have only a little bit of length for full travel out the rear axle. As far as the ABS lines mine had enough length for the 2" spacers and springs, not sure if the 2wd are different. Hope it helps somewhat on your issue.

OP
OP
Red_Raider

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about using the compressor, but the base garage only has the compressor for coil overs. I'm not totally sure about doing it either. Just something about compressing that spring and then stuffing it in there then to uncompress it without damage being done to me or the ride. I also was thinking about getting longer brake lines, but who knows if that would help all that much.

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if the compressor they have will safely hold the coil then you will be good. I have used compressors many times. They release slowly and you are only needing to compress about 1"

btuckz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hope they work out cody. all that shipping needs to be worth it haha

OP
OP
Red_Raider

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol Brandon that is a very valid point. I am going to try again this weekend. No guarantees though. It's been one of those weeks and I have some cold ones with my name on them in the fridge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy