Z71 roof rack on a GMC yukon xl lights ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered some lights from Amazon they will work but it be a bit of cobble job.. is anybody figured out the right GM fog light kit that actually goes in them roof racks. You can see inside they're made for like a specific light. I'm curious if it's just those fog lights those round ones. They go in the front of the Z71.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a pair of Hella Marine projector docking lamps on mine. They have a large retaining nut and rubber washers. No need for silicone. I will see if I can find a posting for some more. GM never officially packaged them with the lights because of DOT approval issues in the states I’ve heard. If you pop the covers off, there are thread serts underneath where an OEM set would have mounted had they ever made it that far.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking 3 way switch reverse lights ,off,on .. yes those look perfect what's outside diameter of those do they fit in that little circle.? And clear the hatch when open...
Great find ... [emoji106][emoji41]

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking 3 way switch reverse lights ,off,on .. yes those look perfect what's outside diameter of those do they fit in that little circle.? And clear the hatch when open...
Great find ... [emoji106][emoji41]

Sorry it took so long to reply. I missed your question. The Hellas fit perfect in the circle. I will try and post some pics of mine later. The threaded portion that goes through the rack is smaller than the lens itself. I think I used roughly a 1 1/4” hole saw for them

Old Goat

Reaction score
I used halogens from Wal Mart and made mounting brackets for the inside. Hooked up to trailer light lead with an on/off switch in parallel under the dash. DSCN4624.JPG DSCN4633.JPG DSCN4638.JPG

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score

shorelocal

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where/how did you run the wires through the metal roof? I took the rear caps off my rack and there doesn't appear to be an entry point into the vehicle other than the rack attachment bolts. Am I missing something? Or does it require drilling a hole in the roof? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia