****** Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's terrible, and I don't blame you for being worried about losing faith.
These things have so many computer controlled systems, (all vehicles do, certainly not pointing at GM here) and I have had a couple of ghosts in the machine. A small issue, cascades into a literal meltdown of other systems, I likened this to the starship in the movie "Passengers" a while back when I had an issue with my 2015 that just glitched out with the hi-beams (unable to shut them off, had to disconnect the battery) and it took the dealer a week to sort out a bad BCM, which caused this break down of other systems. I was fortunately still under warranty as well, albeit the extended, and they figured it out and no issues since then. As mentioned, all vehicles can have issues, it's just unnerving when they hiccup like that and you hope it doesn't happen when you're in the middle of something important. Best of luck, I'm sure it'll work out.

David Kriss

Reaction score
My wife had her 2001 die in the same way. No code. Just acted like it was out of gas. Her problem was the fuel pump. It seams pretty early for a fuel pump failure on a 2021 but it does happen. Check the pump's fuse and fuel pressure.

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife had her 2001 die in the same way. No code. Just acted like it was out of gas. Her problem was the fuel pump. It seams pretty early for a fuel pump failure on a 2021 but it does happen. Check the pump's fuse and fuel pressure.
Yukon is at the dealership now so it’s in their capable (hopefully) hands. I stopped in and talked with them this morning and being a smaller dealership in a small town they’re quite busy and have several techs out on vacation. They said they would do their best to fit it in but gave me no actual timeframe as to when that might be.

Luckily my wife works at home and I don’t really have to work much during the winter, and we have a couple other cars so I’ll just be waiting for them to call me with some info…

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1999 Tahoe LT & 2012 Yukon SLE had the same problem and it was the fuel pump/spider both times. Both times it was shortly after the initial purchase. Seems it was the type of gas I used. Both vehicles used a 87 octane gas since the build. I only use hi octane, usually 91 or 92, and the interior works of the fuel injection system literally melted from the higher octane gas. When my mechanic showed me the injector spider it was deformed like melted butter. But since the new pumps and spiders I’ve had no problems and I only use high octane gas.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those late 90s early 2000s had a problem injection setup, replacements were a new design that solved the problems. On this new machine there's probably 50 things that could cause this deal.Good that it did throw a code so they'll have something to start with. I wonder if the previous owner had some problems?

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those late 90s early 2000s had a problem injection setup, replacements were a new design that solved the problems. On this new machine there's probably 50 things that could cause this deal.Good that it did throw a code so they'll have something to start with. I wonder if the previous owner had some problems?
If this is directed at me I bought this rig new august of ‘21, 3 miles on the clock. No news so far from the dealer

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this is directed at me I bought this rig new august of ‘21, 3 miles on the clock. No news so far from the dealer
I had it floating around in my mind that you bought it in August with 21K miles - numbers from two different post. Oops.

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had it floating around in my mind that you bought it in August with 21K miles - numbers from two different post. Oops.
Ain’t no thing. Bought it sight unseen while in transport and it’s been great up to this point. Hoping it’s something easy but the more issues I see popping up with these new ones is really starting to make me think ditching the 2011 suburban for this was a mistake…

Stopped in at the dealership yesterday and there it sat exactly where I parked it a week ago. They said the service ticket has at least been dispatched to a mechanic but that’s about all they had to say

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep