Yukon XL SLT or Suburban RST?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I brought this up in one of the other threads but didn't want to derail that conversation too much so thought I'd create a separate thread. I've also done some searching on the topic but wanted to get a little more specific for my situation.

I'm debating between ordering a Yukon XL SLT or a Suburban RST. Both would be black, Duramax diesel, luxury package and max tow package. The list price difference between the two is only $350.

I know the differences between the Yukon/Suburban are mostly cosmetic and personal preference, but I actually like both of them quite a bit. I tend to prefer the Yukon SLT a little more but my wife prefers the Suburban RST a little more.

So my question is this, for those of you that chose a Yukon over a Tahoe (or vice versa), could you share why? Was it 100% personal preference or were there some other/functional reasons? I know in my case one of the differences is the RST would have 22" wheels while the SLT would only have 20" wheels. It sounds like arguments can be made on both sides as to which of those is preferable. I've also heard things like ventilated seats and LED interior lights are available on the SLT but not the RST? Any thing else I am missing? I'm not really the kind of person that would modify my vehicle, I tend to keep them looking as stock as possible.

For those of you that chose the Denali, I know why you picked that...those are sweet :)

Thanks for your thoughts!

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I can’t provide any insight into your question but I will let you know that the cutoff to order a 22 where it will be accepted is looming.

Odds are you’ll be in line for 2023….so I’m not sure what’ll change year over year in the model configuration

YukonMom4USA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too was stuck in the exact same debate. I chose the GMC over the Chevy. We would have been happy with either, but here’s a couple main reasons for our choice:
- Yukon XL SLT has fog lamps. Suburban did not.
- Higher “status” and better resale value on GMCs
- Looks: my husband and I both liked the GMC front end a little bit more than the Chevy.

Just took delivery on Friday. That vehicle does not disappoint!

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too was stuck in the exact same debate. I chose the GMC over the Chevy. We would have been happy with either, but here’s a couple main reasons for our choice:
- Yukon XL SLT has fog lamps. Suburban did not.
- Higher “status” and better resale value on GMCs
- Looks: my husband and I both liked the GMC front end a little bit more than the Chevy.

Just took delivery on Friday. That vehicle does not disappoint!
This pretty much sums it up.

The fog lights for me is a big deal (I drive with fogs only in place of headlights a lot of the time when it's not full on night time) and the front end of the gmc looks a little "tougher" IMO. Status and resale value played zero part in the purchasing decision though. The biggest factor for us was what was physically available on a dealer lot and that ended up being a yukon xl slt with premium package that happened to be outfitted nearly exactly how we wanted, including being the only color (satin steel) that we wanted. Only real downside IMO is the slt comes draped in chrome but that's easy enough to remedy. We actually started out our journey looking for a suburban z71 to replace our '11 z71 burby but we absolutely love the yukon.

All that being said the RST package is pretty sweet and stands out amongst the sea of new yukons/suburbans/hoes running around. The slt is pretty generic overall so IMO it's rst if you want to look flashy and slt if you want to blend in

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that I am assuming 2023 models...so yes, that could change things if GM made some minor packaging changes on either of those models.

I never considered the fog lights...thanks for that!

Availability and final cost to me might well be the deciding factors. I'm actually thinking of placing orders for both and just seeing what happens.

Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons