Yukon XL project level kit w/ new wheels & tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boandme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I thought I would start a new thread on my little project that I am doing to the wife's Yukon. It's nothing major but it will look so much better once it's done!

Here is what we started with

2eb3f4dd.jpg

First things first, tint the windows.

afaabd4f.jpg

I ordered the CCM 2.5/1 level kit and will be putting on KMC XD 20x9 Monster wheels with +18mm offset. Tires will be 305/55R 20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. I did the large fender mod on the Yukon to accommodate the tires and everything that was trimmed was done behind the fender well liner. (thanks to InTruckDesign for his help!). Here just a photo of part of the process in the fender mod. It wasn't too bad at all to do.

06511cc3.jpg

Here is the truck with just the front part of the level kit in. CCM sent me the kit and they didn't put the rear coil spacers in the box so hopefully they will be here tomorrow!

e9acb8aa.jpg

b1620d30.jpg

Stopped by the tire shop so my wife could pick out which side of the Trail Grappler she wanted to the outside and took a couple pics with the tire set next to it. These tires are bad! I am thinking of putting them on my 08 2500HD duramax.

651eb8dd.jpg

7c129267.jpg

I am waiting on the wheels (impatiently) to get here. Still not sure when that's going to happen. Should have shipped either Monday or Tuesday but I haven't received any tracking info yet. I will update as soon as I make more progress. I hope you enjoy as much as I have so far.

Here is a pic for the heck of it with my two helpers in it....

323c6675.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the wheels mounted up! :)

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah badass man!!! You will love those tires, I switched back to the TerraGraps and kinda regret it now...just doesn't have that "Beast" look. Can't wait to see the finished project.

OP
OP
B

Boandme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh yeah badass man!!! You will love those tires, I switched back to the TerraGraps and kinda regret it now...just doesn't have that "Beast" look. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Hey thanks! I appreciate the help and the nice comments. I want to take off the side boards and all the decals but she wants them left on so I guess that's fine. After all I did buy the truck for her. Also I would like to shave down the front air dam after seeing you a a couple others do it. I just think it looks so much cleaner but I guess we got a good start so far.
I planned to build my truck up first but this just kind of happened on a wim. I have a 08 Chevy 2500HD Duramax that I want to put a 4" lift on and 35" tires. Only thing I am struggling with is how to do it and still pull our 30' fifth wheel camper safely??? I have seen where guys flip the axles on the fifth wheel but just don't know enough about gearing and all that to fell confident figuring the build out on my own. That projects for another day though....

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Looking forward to seeing the wheels mounted up! :)

Thanks. Congratulations on the third boy!

OP
OP
B

Boandme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No white walls out on this truck. Even if we wanted to the tires are all black just different fonts. Thanks for the comments though.

OP
OP
B

Boandme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I will say one thing, these tires are heavy compared to stock tires!

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boandme, hey when you get ready to show your Dmax some love, send me a pm...I know those trucks like the palm of my hand and could help you out some or point you in the right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bell45