Yukon XL cargo capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff53

Reaction score
OK, I have an odd question. In another thread I've been asking about wheels and tires and this question is related to that one. If I purchase 4 mounted 18 inch tires (normal size, like 265/65) will all four fit in the back of my Yukon XL with the 3rd row folded forward? I'm sure someone has done this before, so I thought I'd ask before I go to pick them up so I can take my utility trailer if necessary. Thanks.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I have an odd question. In another thread I've been asking about wheels and tires and this question is related to that one. If I purchase 4 mounted 18 inch tires (normal size, like 265/65) will all four fit in the back of my Yukon XL with the 3rd row folded forward? I'm sure someone has done this before, so I thought I'd ask before I go to pick them up so I can take my utility trailer if necessary. Thanks.
I think, since a tire is about 12" wide, you should be able to stand them up, (4 wide). Or maybe lay one flat on top of the folded 3-row seat. I use a heavy drop cloth, laying over the folded 2nd seat, to the rear edge, as a 'protector', to use the cargo area as an 8' bed.

Attachments

• 20220618_170444.jpg
    20220618_170444.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
Jeff53

Jeff53

Reaction score
I think, since a tire is about 12" wide, you should be able to stand them up, (4 wide). Or maybe lay one flat on top of the folded 3-row seat. I use a heavy drop cloth, laying over the folded 2nd seat, to the rear edge, as a 'protector', to use the cargo area as an 8' bed.
Thanks. Looks like it may work. I really don't want to take the trailer if I don't have to. Maybe I'll just stop and pick up a big tarp to put back there.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They'll fit, probably a couple of ways in your XL. In my Tahoe (SWB) I need to stack 3 on top of each other, and the other one fits vertically or slanted to avoid having it move around.

They'll be about 32" tall and 11" wide, so if you stack the three to one side you'll have 15 or 16" on the other side for the other one to be upright. You could block that one in so it doesn't move or run a strap through it to lash it to the tiedowns.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I brought all 4 mounted wheels / tires home in the cargo area of my SWB Yukon, so you would definitely have the capacity.