Yukon wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99yukon84

Reaction score
So I have a 99 yukon denali I did not drive it a lot and went to start it and the battery was dead. So I got a new battery put it in and everything was good for 2 days then now all it does is make a clicking noise but wont start. Also a side not I had the alternator tested when I got the new battery just to make sure that was good and it was. So now my question is can it be the starter? If it was it would not make any noise right??? Just need someone else point of view

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
need voltage rating at battery with key off and key on and if possible at start. right now it sounds as if your battery is dead again. disconnect it and get it charged verified and let me know when ready. if it was drained we can isolate the drainage.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

do your interior lights shut off after one minute of door close? are your sun visor lights stuck on? underhood light off?

OP
OP

99yukon84

Reaction score
need voltage rating at battery with key off and key on and if possible at start. right now it sounds as if your battery is dead again. disconnect it and get it charged verified and let me know when ready. if it was drained we can isolate the drainage.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

do your interior lights shut off after one minute of door close? are your sun visor lights stuck on? underhood light off?

Will do the interior lights do shut off after 1 min of door closing. the radio will stay on for 3 to 5 min after you turn off the car tho. But it does go off. the sun visor are not stuck on and the light that is under the hood right now there is no bulb in it.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
radio stays on for a few minutes is fine since you may have the retained accessory power option but does it shut off right away if your door is opened?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
pull fuse #19 radio batt, charge your battery and try again to see if it dies. or you can charge it get a reading before reconnecting and hook it up taking notice of the drop and pull one fuse at a time till the volts go backup a bit. that would normally indicate the culprit. so you know the retained accessory power or rap is supposed to keep radio, wipers and windows active for ten minutes after key off for ten minutes or your door is opened. there is rundown protection as well and that timer is 20 minutes. if it is proven that rap is not shutting down as it should then several things including the body control module might be to blame.

OP
OP

99yukon84

Reaction score
pull fuse #19 radio batt, charge your battery and try again to see if it dies. or you can charge it get a reading before reconnecting and hook it up taking notice of the drop and pull one fuse at a time till the volts go backup a bit. that would normally indicate the culprit. so you know the retained accessory power or rap is supposed to keep radio, wipers and windows active for ten minutes after key off for ten minutes or your door is opened. there is rundown protection as well and that timer is 20 minutes. if it is proven that rap is not shutting down as it should then several things including the body control module might be to blame.

I'm just getting off work now about to pick up my battery from autozone from there charging it and will start tracking these things down shortly

OP
OP

99yukon84

Reaction score

So you said that your power should go off when you open a door??? if so that don't happen at all I can open the door and still have power to all that. I always thought that was crazy that I can still have power to the windows, radio ext... even when the doors are open and it being off. I did put the battery back in and it started right up. I also pulled that 19 fuse

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkcotton

Latest posts