Yukon vs Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Getting close to my max budget, on the Yukon.
Question - mileage is around 45K but engine hours are almost 1700. Calculates out to around 27 MPH. Not seeing too much discrepancy from CarFax but only has 20 service records and not all have documented mileage. Should I have any concerns with potential rollback? Seems like the vehicle either idled extensively or was just used for putting around town. Looking for input from others more knowledgeable than myself.
Well out of all the posts first time i seen you mention car fax.Please tell me thats the first thing you looked at on any vehicle your even considering to buy.There are so many cars and suvs from the hurricanes and flood damage right now its sick.So you know if your insurance claimed a total loss salvage title or accident it will take 30-60 days to show up on carfax.I know alot of scumbags are getting the payouts and selling them online after they get there checks and not telling anyone about the carfax and then suprise you get it 3 months later if you even check it later.

OP
OP
M

mpicasso

Reaction score
Well out of all the posts first time i seen you mention car fax.Please tell me thats the first thing you looked at on any vehicle your even considering to buy.
CarFax is absolutely the 1st thing, where I look at number of owners, service history, and accidents. Sorry, guess it was assumed that was where I got the info I listed.
Usually doing this remotely so then look at undercarriage, interior (seats, dash, controls), etc. If digital odometer, also ask about engine hours. Lastly, order an inspection once I agree with said price. Have had 3 vehicles make it to inspection, with 2 to fail, and 1 sold mid-inspection.
Been looking off and on for almost a year, now, across the country. Probably too picky but willing to spend $12K IF the vehicle has been maintained, minimal surface rust, and interior has not been beat to hell. I know this vehicles will go more but usually capping my mileage limits at 150, and typically more like 125.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CarFax is absolutely the 1st thing, where I look at number of owners, service history, and accidents. Sorry, guess it was assumed that was where I got the info I listed.
Usually doing this remotely so then look at undercarriage, interior (seats, dash, controls), etc. If digital odometer, also ask about engine hours. Lastly, order an inspection once I agree with said price. Have had 3 vehicles make it to inspection, with 2 to fail, and 1 sold mid-inspection.
Been looking off and on for almost a year, now, across the country. Probably too picky but willing to spend $12K IF the vehicle has been maintained, minimal surface rust, and interior has not been beat to hell. I know this vehicles will go more but usually capping my mileage limits at 150, and typically more like 125.
Hold out for what you really want within the budget you think is reasonable and affordable.
You'll find what you are looking for eventually.
Only you will know when the right one comes along!

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree @MassHoe04 . FOMO will drive a person to bad choices and then regret. Have you thought about the Phoenix area or CA? I've seen a lot of decent ones over the years from those areas. Fly and drive

OP
OP
M

mpicasso

Reaction score
FOMO will drive a person to bad choices and then regret. Have you thought about the Phoenix area or CA? I've seen a lot of decent ones over the years from those areas. Fly and drive
Have been doing a nationwide search, in general, but focusing on areas with better climate conditions. Slowed down with my search as it can get exhausting. Have an '02 Tahoe, with 150K miles on it. Bought used for fairly cheap but realizing after the fact that I like some of the extra bells/whistles found in at least an '04, but even moreso in '05/'06...and going places where I actually need 4WD, which this does not have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts