Yukon transmission problems? Maybe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zsisk4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
95 Yukon won't move in drive but will take off just fine in first and once you're moving faster than 10 mph you can throw it in drive and she runs like a dream. What in the world could be causing this? It shifts fine once there just won't take off in drive.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
under your dash you will find a diagnostic connector. with key off, on the upper row of terminals short the last two terminals together. turn the key on observe your engine light for a flash pattern with short and long pauses. each code is two digits with a short pause between them with a long pause between each code. report you finding on what code you see and how often here.

OP
OP
Z

Zsisk4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
under your dash you will find a diagnostic connector. with key off, on the upper row of terminals short the last two terminals together. turn the key on observe your engine light for a flash pattern with short and long pauses. each code is two digits with a short pause between them with a long pause between each code. report you finding on what code you see and how often here.

The light blinks "1,2,3" pause "1,2" long pause and then repeats..

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
then i think your 1-2 solenoid or the 1-2 shift valve is contaminated or stuck. what is the condition of tranny fluid?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

Zsisk4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
then i think your 1-2 solenoid or the 1-2 shift valve is contaminated or stuck. what is the condition of tranny fluid?

Tranny fluid is good. I drove it this morning tho to make sure of engine brake and it's not like I remembered it. Just a little. Barely any at all.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
that would seem to indicate that the overrun clutch section is having issues as well. this could be a pressure problem or circuit leak or worn clutch material. if not properly equipped to do so i would suggest you head to a tranny shop that can test the solenoids functions and the feed back that the pcm sees. at that point it should be quite apparent what is getting caught up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n