Yukon Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

civersenGT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So ive recently accuired a 1992 yukon gt. Motors got a knock, and its a 4x4. I was looking to do a motor swap, and i was thinking of a vortec or a newer 5.3. Changing the diffs tranny transfercase, or maybe even swapping to rwd. So moral of the story i was asking how easy is the swap, what tranny and t case should i use. Or how easy is it to just swap to rwd.

Thanks!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Do you not want an option of fixing the existing motor. As far as the 2wd conversion just leave it out of 4wd mode. You never know when you might want it. In a nut shell to convert it to a stock like vortec 350 with 4wd for example you are looking at a complete under hood change from engine to tranny and wiring to wiring and module changes in the cab dash as well. Really just need a donor vehicle donor and time/resources to pull it off.

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So ive recently accuired a 1992 yukon gt. Motors got a knock, and its a 4x4. I was looking to do a motor swap, and i was thinking of a vortec or a newer 5.3. Changing the diffs tranny transfercase, or maybe even swapping to rwd. So moral of the story i was asking how easy is the swap, what tranny and t case should i use. Or how easy is it to just swap to rwd.

Thanks!

I have a 5.3 and 4wd 4l60 id sell you, complete with everything. Or you could sell me the Yukon!