Yukon Quad Retrofit- Morimoto MLED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booby1323

Reaction score
So I finally finished my retrofit for my 09 Yukon and wanted to share my first project with you guys since joining the forum. This is my first attempt ever at retrofitting and ive spent a lot of time researching the parts and procedure to pull this build off as I was very nervous to mess anything up. I used Morimoto MLED projectors in my lower bowls for hi/low beams and I have Profile Hi-Beam projectors in the upper bowls where the turn signals were previously. So when my high beams engage I have quad projectors running. I moved the turn signals to a switchback sequential LED strip that runs inside the light housings by the parking lights as well as switchback strip curled around my fog lights like a halo. I also have my oracle halos reinstalled around the projectors. I had had them in previously until the lower pair went out. I decided I was going to go all out while I had the light housings open to replace the halos, which led me on the retrofitting adventure. While I was at it I also put in the Morimoto XB LED fog lights. Im absolutely in love with the look of it all and I especially like that my light housings are now black instead of the original chrome.

I do have a few kinks to work out now that I see the light running. I will be buying a programmed BCM in order to keep the fog lights on with the high beams, as well as turn off the DRL so my MLEDS aren't running during the day for no reason. New BCM would fix my hyperflash on my signals as well. I also have some condensation in one of the housings so I guess Ill be trying to reseal that this weekend. When I first put them in both had moisture in them but now it seems to be just the left I notice it in. I used the retrorubber so Im not exactly sure where the leak is yet.

Im little concerned the MLEDs are aimed a little too high. Ive only been flashed once this week, but I can see that I'm lighting up overhead signs on the highway so Im pretty positive Im blinding some people. So thatll def be the focus this weekend lol. I wanna have someone drive the truck at me on the road this weekend to get an idea how bright they are before I open them up to reaim and reseal.

This was fore sure a difficult project but the results were worth it and Im sure id have better results a second go around. Let me know what you guys think or if you have any wisdom on some of they little issues I gotta work out. Ill be posting pictures shortly.

OP
OP
Booby1323

Booby1323

Reaction score
Heres some shots in the dark. Ill be on some dark back roads this weekend so i can take some actual driving pictures if you guys wanna see how the MLED look in use. They are awesome tho. I have zero regets going the LED route rather than HID.

6EDF3892-F70B-43C3-BBBC-54D2B6B6D1CB.jpeg 2D3081E6-407C-4A70-BD64-F36393833B42.jpeg 7505AAB5-9AF6-4A9C-8FB1-D3AA69252F1A.jpeg 2BAEA943-C249-4319-A419-18571C45954E.jpeg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Good job...

Links to the products you bought?

OP
OP
Booby1323

Booby1323

Reaction score
Looks good. Good job...

Links to the products you bought?

Thanks guys! Heres the links to everything except the switchback LED strips. Those were just cheap Chinese strips off of Ebay… so hopefully I get atleast some life out of them

Morimoto MLED Hi/Lo Beams: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/bi-led-morimoto-m-led-headlight-projectors.html

Morimoto XB Fog Lights: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/g...009+GMC+Yukon&preselect=&preselect_restrict=1

Profile Hi-Lens LED High Beams: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/bi-led-profile-hi-lens-led-high-beam.html

Oracle White SMD Halos: https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...q=mk_gmc~md_yukon~yr_2009&variant=37327128334

Kenneyd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I may have missed it, what housing are those? Stock painted black?

Looks good. I contemplated the m-led vs the profile bi-led, and decided on the profile. However, once I opened my housings up, it was clear they probably weren't going to fit.
So I ended up back with the morimoto mini h7.
The low beams cut off should hit the ground about 200ft-250ft in front of you.
If you can't see where hits the ground, it's probably too high. One cool thing about properly aimed lights is incoming cars should see crazy purple and blue off your cutoff line.

Anyway, looks good. Upgrading lights is one of the most underrated mods, comes With a huge safety bonus too . I've done retrofits in all of my vehicles

20181104_174316.jpg 20190304_083323.jpg

OP
OP
Booby1323

Booby1323

Reaction score
I may have missed it, what housing are those? Stock painted black?

Looks good. I contemplated the m-led vs the profile bi-led, and decided on the profile. However, once I opened my housings up, it was clear they probably weren't going to fit.
So I ended up back with the morimoto mini h7.
The low beams cut off should hit the ground about 200ft-250ft in front of you.
If you can't see where hits the ground, it's probably too high. One cool thing about properly aimed lights is incoming cars should see crazy purple and blue off your cutoff line.

Anyway, looks good. Upgrading lights is one of the most underrated mods, comes With a huge safety bonus too . I've done retrofits in all of my vehicles

Thank you! Yours look awesome! Id say the MLED low beams are just little less bright than yours and a little less blue in temperature. The housings are new set off ebay. I think some of you guys might call them DEPO lights? Im not sure but there were very decently priced and easy to open up. I actually almost scrapped the MLED plan as well because they just barely fit in the housings. By just barely, I mean that the projector shrouds are actually touching the clear housing plastic! But They seemed to seal back up fine and I had the theory that touching the front plastic might help ensure there's no vibrations in the projectors when I hit bumps and stuff.

I got them aimed slightly lower last weekend but only by maxing out the adjustment rods outside the housings. They are still a tad high but I don't think is worth completely opening them up the housings to remount the projectors. I finally got them all sealed good as well with no moisture in there so figured I stop while I'm ahead. Did several hours of night driving this weekend and Id say maybe one 1 in 10 cars flash me. Which isn't great but also there's tons of vehicle with stock lights that bright to many drivers in small cars. Once I get a couple months of reliable operation from these lights ill get them slightly tinted and that might just take the edge off them for oncoming traffic and would look awesome.

Took some driving pics this weekend that I can poster later this evening.

OP
OP
Booby1323

Booby1323

Reaction score
Alright and heres some driving pics. The first pic is only the fogs and halos on.

The second pic is my brights (profile projectors in addition to MLed highbeams).

The third is the MLED low beam only. They are awesome!

0220BFC8-60CD-487D-86DA-4C4D84D5B53E.jpeg 1F99D242-A8AB-4F3B-B5EB-B5AE219DE3E0.jpeg 0A179A21-D560-4209-9462-86043BFDFE12.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401